About the lab
- Grades: 3-5
- Capacity: 30 students
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Cost: $120
- Offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:15 and 11:45 a.m.
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices:
Asking questions and defining problems
Developing and using models
Planning and carrying out investigations
Analyzing and interpreting data
Using mathematics and computational thinking
Constructing explanations and designing solutions
Engaging in argument from evidence
Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
Cause and effect
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
PS 1: Matter and its interactions
- Increase their understanding of how to design and carry out a testable scientific investigation.
- Understand the connection between ideas explored and applications in the real world.
- Actively engage in hands-on and inquiry-based investigation.
- Share Learning Lab-generated thoughts / ideas / questions with peers and program facilitators.