About the lab
- Grades: 4-8
- Capacity: 30 students
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Cost: $150
- Offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:15 and 11:45 a.m.
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices:
- Asking questions and defining problems
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Constructing explanations and designing solutions
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
PS2.A: Forces and Motion
PS2.B: Types of interactions
PS2.C: Stability and instability in physical systems
PS3.C: Relationship between energy and forces
- Explore and collect data in order to describe how Newton’s three laws of motion apply to several hands-on experiments.
- Describe mass, acceleration and force.
- Experiment, make observations and collect data leading them to conclude that Newton’s laws of motion apply to every object.
- Actively engage in hands-on, inquiry-based science investigation.
- Share Learning Lab-generated thoughts/ideas/questions with peers and program coordinators.
- Communicate with peers using terminology/vocabulary accurately.
- Develop and test a hypothesis about what will occur during an experiment, demonstration or activity.