About the lab
- Grades: 7-12
- Capacity: 30 students
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Cost: $120
- Offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:15 and 11:45 a.m.
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices:
Developing and using models
Planning and carrying out investigations
Analyzing and interpreting data
Using mathematics and computational thinking
Constructing explanations and designing solutions
Engaging in argument from evidence
Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
Cause and effect
Systems and system models
Structure and function
Stability and change
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
LS 1: Structure, function and information processing
LS 1: Growth, development and reproduction of organisms
LS 1: Matter and energy in organisms and ecosystems
LS 1: Structure and function
LS 1: Inheritance and variation of traits
- Increase their understanding and knowledge of medical sciences and related career paths.
- Learn that one's health choices have direct effect on one's own health.
- Understand the connection between individual health and community health.
- Actively engage in hands-on, inquiry-based science investigation.
- Share Learning Lab-generated thoughts, ideas and questions with peers and program facilitators.