About the lab
- Grades: 7-12
- Capacity: 30 students
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Cost: $120
- Offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:15 and 11:45 a.m.
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices:
- Asking questions
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Constructing explanations
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
- Cause and effect
- Systems and system models
- Structure and function
- Stability and change
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
LS 1: From molecules to organisms: structures and processes
LS 3: Heredity: inheritance and variation of traits
ETS2: Links among engineering, technology science and society
- Gain a greater understanding of medicine, physiology and anatomy.
- Learn how personal choices impact community health issues.
- Gain a greater understanding of, and increased interest in, a range of health and science careers that impact community and individual health.
- Feel empowered to take initiative in improving personal, family and/or community health.
- Actively engage in inquiry-based, hands-on science investigation.
- Work collaboratively with peers.
- Communicate using terminology/vocabulary accurately.
- Analyze test results, develop a diagnosis and suggest treatment for illness.