About the lab
- Grades: 7-12
- Capacity: 30 students
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Cost: $120
- Offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:15 and 11:45 a.m.
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices:
- Asking questions
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Constructing explanations and designing solutions
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
- Cause and effect
- Systems and system models
- Structure and function
- Stability and change
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
LS 1: Structure, function and information processing
LS 1: Growth, development and reproduction of organisms
LS 1: Matter and energy in organisms and ecosystems
LS 1: Structure and function
LS 1: Inheritance and variation of traits
- Increase their understanding and knowledge of medical sciences and related career paths.
- Learn that one's health choices have direct effect on one's own health.
- Understand the connection between individual health and community health.
- Actively engage in hands-on, inquiry-based science investigation.
- Share Learning Lab-related thoughts, ideas and questions with peers and program facilitators.