About the lab
- Grades: 6-8
- Capacity: 16 students
- Duration: 75 minutes
- Cost: $140
- Offered Wednesday at 10:15 a.m.
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices:
- Asking questions and defining problems
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Using mathematics and computational thinking
- Constructing explanations and designing solutions
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
- Cause and effect
- Scale, proportion and quantity
- Systems and system models
- Structure and function
- Stability and change
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
PS 2: Motion and stability
PS 3: Energy
ESS 1: Earth's place in the universe
ESS 3: Earth and human activity
ETS 1: Engineering design
ETS 2: Links among engineering, technology, science and society
- Explore STEM with a focus on NASA research, missions, goals and aims.
- Communicate effectively with peers and adult role models and practice 21st century science and technology skills.
- Work collaboratively to tackle many of the same challenges that NASA scientists are confronting themselves in the effort to travel to and inhabit Mars.
- Engage in inquiry-based and hands-on science learning experiences.
- Be exposed to working scientists and other personnel at partnering NASA centers.