About the course
This new course allows participants to:
- Develop an understanding of the value of the Performance Expectation unpacking and storyline creation process to achieve the goals of the NGSS.
- Create a 3D blueprint and a coherent storyline for a single unit of instruction.
- Plan for a vertical alignment progression between consecutive grade levels to support the learning progressions within NGSS.
- Increase capacity to assess alignment of instructional materials to NGSS across the three integrated dimensions and the use of phenomenon driven inquiry.
- Build a community of learners to share best practices and lessons learned from implementation efforts, and to serve as resources for each other.
Note: This course does not provide a pre-packaged NGSS curriculum.
- Science teachers, curriculum specialists or administrators from 3rd through 8th grade.
- Science teachers, curriculum specialists or administrators who have familiarity with curriculum design, assessment, science content knowledge and the NGSS vision for science teaching and learning.
All teacher participants will be required to meet for five workshop days for a total of 40 professional development hours.
Workshop dates for the Summer 2019 course are:
- July 22-26, 7:30 a.m. to 3:30 p.m.
- Participants will receive access to a digital learning community that includes MSI lessons and resources.