The Science Leadership School Partners Program is a unique opportunity for K-8 schools to partner with MSI as they enhance science education at the whole-school level. A School Partner that applies for and is accepted into the program will receive a comprehensive school support package with six unique program design support systems:
- School Support Tool
- Work sessions at MSI
- Teacher Leader cohort
- Administrator cohort
- Cross-disciplinary school team
The Science Leadership School Partners Program includes a comprehensive school support package. Teacher Leader facilitation, administrator contribution and cross-disciplinary school team cohesion is needed to actively engage and commit to the process and the time it requires.
Supports and benefits include:
- Teacher Leaders enhance their career opportunities and receive a $2,500 stipend for the anticipated 40 hours of work they spend at their school and at work sessions at MSI.
- A cohort of Teacher Leaders spend time together in work sessions at MSI planning, troubleshooting and supporting one another.
- A cohort of administrators support each other as they lead science initiatives at the whole-school level.
- School Partners can reapply and receive supports for up to three consecutive years, including access to the digital database that houses the School Support Tool and manages each school’s information.
- School Partners will receive $500 at the end of each year to help carry out action plan items that will enhance science education at the whole-school level.