The Science Leadership School Partners Program is a unique opportunity for K-8 schools to partner with MSI as they enhance science education at the whole-school level. A School Partner that applies for and is accepted into the program will receive comprehensive school support in the following categories.
Supports from MSI Team Members
- Work sessions at MSI
- School Partner Symposium
- School Partner Recognition Event
School Partner Cohorts
- Teacher Leader Cohort
- Administrator Cohort
- Cross-disciplinary School Team
- Alumni Mentors
Research-based Support Tools
- School Support Tool Workbook
- School Support Tool Handbook
- School Support Tool Digital Suite
Program benefits include:
- Teacher Leaders enhance their career opportunities and receive a stipend for the anticipated 40 hours of work they spend at their school and at work sessions at MSI.
- A cohort of Teacher Leaders spend time together in work sessions at MSI planning, troubleshooting and supporting one another.
- A cohort of administrators support each other as they lead science initiatives at the whole-school level.
- School Partners can reapply and receive supports for up to three consecutive years, including access to the digital database that houses the School Support Tool and manages each school’s information.
- School Partners will receive implementation support each year to help carry out action plan items that will enhance science education at the whole-school level.