Teens are invited to share their ideas on how MSI can better engage youth audiences in this new initiative.
MSI provides experiences that deepen the engagement and interaction of youth, and people of all ages, in science and science-related disciplines, with a vision to inspire and motivate in the fields of science, technology, engineering and medicine.
Our Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) is seeking youth ages 14–17 who love science, especially MSI. We want to hear your ideas on “Hacking the Museum” and feedback on a range of Museum content.
- Youth ages 14–17 by July 11, 2019
- Able to commit to a term lasting from July–August 2019
- Have access to the internet for online assignments
- Be able to attend ALL meetings at MSI as scheduled
Teen Advisory Committee members are required to attend four meetings, complete short, online tasks before each meeting, and provide feedback on a variety of content topics. Members should be comfortable speaking in front of a group of their peers and senior Museum management.
MANDATORY meetings (from 9:30 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.):
- Thursday, July 11
- Thursday, July 18
- Thursday, July 25
- Thursday, August 1
All TAC members will receive:
- 20 service learning hours
- $50 Amazon or Target gift card
- A voucher to visit MSI separately with friends and family (five people maximum)
Also, participating in TAC will look great on resumes and college applications!