Teens are invited to share their ideas on how MSI can better engage youth audiences in this new initiative.
MSI provides experiences that deepen the engagement and interaction of youth, and people of all ages, in science and science-related disciplines, with a vision to inspire and motivate in the fields of science, technology, engineering and medicine.
Our Teen Advisory Committee (TAC) is seeking youth ages 14–17 who love science, especially MSI. We want to hear your ideas on “Hacking the Museum” and feedback on a range of Museum content.
- Youth ages 14–17 by July 11, 2018
- Able to commit to a term lasting from July–August 2018
- Have access to the internet for online assignments
- Be able to attend ALL meetings at MSI as scheduled
Teen Advisory Committee members are required to attend four meetings, complete short, online tasks before each meeting, and provide feedback on a variety of content topics. Members should be comfortable speaking in front of a group of their peers and senior Museum management.
MANDATORY meetings are:
- Thursday, July 12, 9 a.m. to 1:30 p.m.
- Wednesday, July 18, noon to 4 p.m.
- Thursday, July 26, noon to 4 p.m.
- Wednesday, Aug. 1, noon to 4 p.m.
All TAC members will receive:
- 20 service learning hours
- $50 Amazon or Target gift card
- A voucher to visit MSI separately with friends and family (five people maximum)
Also, participating in TAC will look great on resumes and college applications!
- Applications open from February 19 – March 23, 2018
- Applications/essays reviewed from March 26 – April 27, 2018
- Selection decisions made by May 11, 2018
- New committee members notified via email by Friday, May 18, 2018
Complete the application below and answer a few questions that will help us get to know you better. All applications must be submitted by March 23, 2018 to be considered for the committee.
For questions regarding the Museum of Science and Industry’s Teen Advisory Committee, please email MSITNAC@msichicago.org.