About the lab
This lab is more advanced than Crime Lab in both grade level and content.
- Grades: 9-12
- Capacity: 30 students
- Duration: 75 minutes
- Cost: $170
- Offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:15 and 11:45 a.m.
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices:
- Asking questions and defining problems
- Developing and using models
- Planning and carrying out investigations
- Analyzing and interpreting data
- Constructing explanations
- Engaging in argument from evidence
- Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
- Cause and Effect
- Systems and system models
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
LS 1: From molecules to organisms: structures and processes
- LS1.A: Structure and Function
ETS2: Links among engineering, technology, science and society
- Identify and describe specific forensic science techniques: trace evidence analysis, DNA analysis, bullet analysis and blood spatter analysis.
- Explain how scientific methodology is applied within forensic science.
- Understand the connection between ideas explored and careers that involve forensic science.
- Engage in a hands-on and inquiry-based science investigation.
- Work collaboratively with peers.
- Observe and analyze forensic evidence using scientific tools.
- Synthesize findings and communicate results.