Instrucciones en Español
Optional: Glo Germ lotion (available online from Amazon, School Specialty and Glo Germ), UV light
- Rub a nickel-sized amount of glitter glue into the palm of your hand. Make sure to get the glue between your fingers and on the back of your hands. Then scratch the palm of your hands to get the simulated “germs” under your nails.
- Look at your hands in a bright light. Can you see the glitter? (If you are using Glo Germ lotion, shine a UV light on your hands to check for a fluorescent glow.)
- Use the soap and wash your hands as you normally would. Make sure to dry them.
- Look at your hands in a bright light again to see how well you washed them. Pay close attention to your cuticles, nails and in between your fingers.
- Repeat step one. This time, wash your hands and make sure to use warm water and count to 20 seconds. Scrub the back of your hands, especially under and around your nails. Now repeat step two. Did you notice a difference?
- Try this! Put more glitter glue on your hands, then shake hands with someone and see what happens.
When to Wash Your Hands
- Before, during and after preparing your food
- Before and after eating your food
- Before and after treating a cut or wound for yourself or others
- After using the toilet, blowing your nose, coughing or sneezing
- After handling your pet(s), their food or treats
- After touching garbage