CHICAGO (Nov. 8, 2020)—To celebrate National STEM Day today, the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago (MSI) launched a free educational resource hub for everyone – students, teachers, families, community groups – who is learning and teaching at home and in the classroom.
The Learning Resources virtual hub provides educational tools in science, technology, engineering and medicine to bring STEM learning to students no matter where they are, or what time of year resources are needed. The hub can be accessed anywhere, anytime at msichicago.org/resources, and will be regularly updated with content from MSI Educators as well as teachers and administrators in MSI’s Science Leadership School Partners program.
“Having a central location where students and their support systems can visit to improve their science learning both at home and in the classroom is critical for success,” said Rex Babiera, ITW director of teaching and learning. “We are excited to be able to regularly update and provide tools and resources to continue STEM learning year-round, regardless of where educators and students are teaching and learning.”
Free resources for students, parents, guardians, families and community groups include:
- Learning Lab challenges: Pack a suitcase for Mars, explore your art supplies with science, and design, build and test a bridge with these easy, fun experiments using household items.
- Virtual Jr. Science Cafés: Meet working professionals in the fields of STEM. Hear answers to common questions about working in science and try the interactive activity on your own following the session.
Additional free resources for teachers include:
- Science education webinars: Watch teacher professional development presentations from MSI Educators. Use student questions to drive a unit forward, learn how to integrate real-world science content into your lesson, and more.
- STEM Network resources: Hear from MSI Educators and School Partners on prioritizing science learning on a whole-scale level.
- Lesson guides: Get access to free lesson guides to supplement your science teaching and learning.
Learn more about The Welcome to Science Initiative and the Museum of Science and Industry’s dedication to providing quality science education at msichicago.org/welcometoscience.
The Learning Resources virtual hub is presented by BP.