- Learn, explore and implement hands-on and inquiry-based teaching techniques.
- Engage in the engineering design and science inquiry cycles.
- Explore the universal laws that describe force and motion.
- Apply these laws to understanding the Earth-Moon-Sun relationship.
- Understand Earth's place in the solar system and the closest space neighbors.
- Investigate how the nature of light is essential in observing and comprehending the vast universe.
Session 1: Engineering design and science inquiry cycles
Session 2: Force and motion
Session 3: Earth, Moon and Sun
Session 4: Solar system
Session 5: Stars, galaxies and the universe
Session 6: Presentations, project-based activities and unifying concepts
2017-18 academic year course dates
- Cohort A: Oct. 10, Nov. 7 and Dec. 14, 2017 and Feb. 8, March 22 and May 10, 2018
- Cohort B: Oct. 12, Nov. 9 and Dec. 15, 2017 and Feb. 9, March 23 and May 11, 2018
Summer 2018 and academic year 2018-19