- Participate in a supported learning community alongside your peers to build content and pedagogical knowledge and skills. (Common to all courses)
- Experience phenomena driven lessons which model three dimensional NGSS teaching and learning appropriate for students in grades 4-8. (Common to all courses)
- Explore different ways that energy can be transferred and transformed among various forms of energy, such as kinetic and potential energy.
- Explore how energy is a powerful crosscutting concept that allows scientists to better understand the behavior of natural and designed systems in order to solve problems.
- Learn how to address student misconceptions about energy in order to foster conceptual change in their learnings.
- Learn how to engage students in relevant inquiry-based experiences in order to support a deeper conceptual understanding of energy.
NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas
PS2: Motion and stability: forces and interactions
- PS2.B: Types of interactions
- PS3.A: Definitions of energy
- PS3.B: Conservation of energy and energy transfer
- PS3.C: Relationship between energy and forces
- PS3.D: Energy in chemical processes and everyday life
LS1: From molecules to organisms: structures and processes
- LS1.C: Organization for matter and energy flow in organisms