- Participate in a supported learning community alongside your peers to build content and pedagogical knowledge and skills. (Common to all courses)
- Experience phenomena driven lessons which model three dimensional NGSS teaching and learning appropriate for 3rd–8th grade students. (Common to all courses)
- Explore different types of energy including mechanical, electrical, thermal, sound and light.
- Build an understanding of energy by making connections between the various types of energy.
- Understand that energy is neither created nor destroyed.
- Learn that most energy can be divided into either kinetic or potential energy.
NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas
PS1: Matter and its interactions
- PS1.A: Structures and properties of matter
- PS1.B: Chemical reactions
PS2: Motion and stability: forces and interactions
- PS2.B: Types of interactions
- PS3.A: Definitions of energy
- PS3.B: Conservation of energy and energy transfer
- PS3.C: Relationship between energy and forces
- PS3.D: Energy in chemical processes and every day life
LS1: From molecules to organisms: structures and processes
- LS1.C: Organization for matter and energy flow in organisms
- ETS1.A: Defining and delimiting engineering problems
- ETS1.B: Developing possible solutions
- ETS1.C: Optimizing the design solution