Ecosystems: Interactions, Issues and Resolutions
Explore ecology through regional and global phenomena that supports students in discovering and appreciating the natural world while understanding the effects of human impacts on ecosystem dynamics, energy and interactions.
- Participate in a supported learning community alongside your peers to build content and pedagogical knowledge and skills. (Common to all courses)
- Experience phenomena driven lessons which model three dimensional NGSS teaching and learning appropriate for 3rd–8th grade students. (Common to all courses)
- Discover the urban environment as a unique ecosystem working to maintain a balance between people's needs and the health of the environment.
- Understand how people impact the urban ecosystem and investigate how to mitigate negative impacts.
- Explore the evidence that helps inform society’s resolutions to environmental issues.
NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas
LS1: From molecules to organisms: structures and processes
- LS1.A: Structure and function
- LS1.B: Growth and development of organisms
- LS1.C: Organization for matter and energy flow in organisms
LS2: Ecosystems: Interactions, energy, and dynamics
- LS2.A: interdependent relationships in ecosystems
- LS2.B: Cycles of matter and energy transfer in ecosystems
- LS2.C: Ecosystem dynamics, functioning, and resilience
LS4: Biological evolution: unity and diversity
- LS4.B: Natural Selection
- LS4.C: Adaptation
ESS3: Earth and human activity
- ESS3.C: Human impacts on Earth systems
ETS1: Engineering design
- ETS1.A: Defining and delimiting engineering problems
Questions? Please email us.