anatomy and life science
All About You
Master unifying themes in life science and relate them to the human body through activities about cells, genetics, organ systems, health and wellness, and evolution.
- Participate in a supported learning community alongside your peers to build content and pedagogical knowledge and skills. (Common to all courses)
- Experience phenomena-driven lessons which model three dimensional NGSS teaching and learning appropriate for 3rd–8th grade students. (Common to all courses)
- Explore how evolution is fundamental to life science while investigating topics of cells, genetics and natural selection.
- Understand that cells are the basic unit of structure and function in living things.
- Learn how DNA functions as the genetic material of living organisms.
- Investigate how evolution is driven by the process of natural selection of organisms best adapted to their environment.
- Discover the evidence for evolution and how it is integral to other disciplines of science.
- Explore how the processes of the fundamentals of life science have an impact on our daily lives.
NGSS Disciplinary Core Ideas
LS1: From molecules to organisms: structures and processes
- LS1.A: Structure and function
- LS1.B: Growth and development of organisms
- LS1.C: Organization for matter and energy flow in organisms
LS3: Heredity: inheritance and variation of traits
- LS3.A: Inheritance of traits
- LS3.B: Variation of Traits
LS4: Biological evolution: unity and diversity
- LS4.A: Evidence of common ancestry and diversity
- LS4.B: Natural Selection
- LS4.C: Adaptation
- LS4.D: Biodiversity and humans
Questions? Please email us.