- 2 hours
- March 22, 2014, April 6, 2014, April 27, 2014, May 10, 2014, May 31, 2014, June 14, 2014, June 29, 2014, July 12, 2014, July 27, 2014, August 10, 2014, August 30, 2014, September 13, 2014, September 27, 2014, October 18, 2014, October 26, 2014, November 9, 2014, November 23, 2014, December 13, 2014, December 21, 2014
- 8:00 AM
- Lower Level, U-505
- This event requires a ticket for entry.
- Members: $35; Nonmembers: $40 + Museum Entry (required)
Select Saturdays and Sundays at 8:00 a.m. (Plan to arrive by 7:45 a.m.)
If you want an even deeper dive into the U-505 story, scope out this chance to experience the sub and the thrilling story of its capture … offered on select weekends before Museum hours!
This is an exclusive, private group experience of the U-505—the only German submarine captured by the U.S. Navy during World War II. The experience begins at 8:00 a.m. on select Saturday and Sunday mornings: after a continental breakfast, you'll take an in-depth guided tour of the exhibit and an interactive on-board tour. After the tours, there will be free time to explore the submarine and exhibit before the museum opens to the public. United States submarine veterans will be available to answer questions and share their stories.
This experience is recommended for adults and children ages 10 and up. It is not included in Museum Entry, which is also required to attend. See below for ticket information.
U-505: In-depth Experience Dates
The tour will be offered at 8:00 a.m. on the following dates:
Saturday, March 22
Sunday, August 10
This experience is not included in Museum Entry, and requires a separate, timed-entry ticket.
Nonmembers: $40 (plus Museum Entry)
Order your U-505: In-depth Experience and Museum Entry tickets by calling the Museum at (773) 684-1414.
Bringing a Group?
For more information, please call (773) 684-1414.
Accessibility note: While the surrounding exhibit is accessible for wheelchairs and guests with limited mobility, the submarine interior is not. For more information on accessibility, please call (773) 684-1414.
Tours are subject to change, and may be canceled up to 48 hours in advance due to special events or limited attendance.
Plan Your Visit
- First Timers
- Is it your first time to visit the Museum, or just been a while?
- Return Visits
- See what’s new and exciting at the Museum!
- We offer a wide-range of fun, exclusive Members-only events.
- Field Trips
- Find suggested activities by age group and subject matter.
about the museum
The Museum of Science and Industry opened its doors in 1933 and is the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere.