- This Omnimax Theater performance is suitable for all ages.
- Lower Level, Omnimax Theater
- This exhibit requires an additional ticket with a specified entry time.
See description for showtimes.
Mysteries of the Great Lakes will take you on a dramatic journey through some of the most spectacular scenery in the world.
It takes a drop of water nearly 400 years to travel from the headwaters of Lake Superior to the edge of Lake Ontario. Along the way, the water passes by towering cliffs dotted with early Native American pictographs, caribou and moose grazing on the shores, over giant prehistoric sturgeon lurking among thousands of shipwrecks and past nearly 40 million people who live along the more than 10,000 miles of coastline.
The remarkable film also turns the camera on humans – touching on the human interface with the Lakes including the vital role of shipping to commerce, the use of water by the millions of people who rely on it, and the general sense of well-being that people get from their association with these massive bodies of water.
Daily: 12:30 p.m. and 2:10 p.m.
Visit Science North's site for educator guides related to "Mysteries of the Great Lakes."
"Mysteries of the Great Lakes" educational resources
Plan Your Visit
- First Timers
- Is it your first time to visit the Museum, or just been a while?
- Return Visits
- See what’s new and exciting at the Museum!
- We offer a wide-range of fun, exclusive Members-only events.
- Field Trips
- Find suggested activities by age group and subject matter.