A Life Science Lesson Like No Other!
Get your students excited about the science of themselves. Each of the more than 50 interactive experiences throughout the exhibit complement Illinois and national learning standards in science. You also can introduce your students to medical technology and careers through immersive hands-on programs provided by our Center for the Advancement of Science Education.
Check out these resources for your school group visit:
- MedLab: Diabetes
- NEW! Work hands on with a human patient simulation robot and complete real medical tests to diagnose an illness.
- 7th - 12th grade
- Live ... from the Heart
- Go live into the operating room via interactive videoconference to talk with a surgical team as they perform a bypass procedure.
- 9th - 12th grade
- Make Room for Baby Interactive
- Watch the impact of a pregnancy on a mother's body as she adjusts physically and mentally to the changes inside her.
Discover the complex interplay between genes and environmental cues that produce new life.
- How to Grow a Healthy Preschooler
- HOPE's evidence-based strategies to help young children develop healthy habits for eating, exercise, and sleep.