Podcast: Exhibit Tour
Created as a companion to Jim Henson’s Fantastic World, the exhibition podcast offers a behind-the-scenes look at Jim Henson and his imaginative creations. The 30-minute tour features Karen Falk, director of the Henson Archives; Craig Shemin, former writer for The Jim Henson Company; and Cheryl Henson, Jim Henson’s daughter and the president of the Henson Foundation.
Segmented into 20 tracks that correspond to objects in the exhibit, the podcast can be downloaded to your own MP3 player as an audio companion while exploring the exhibit. However, it can certainly be enjoyed at any time, independent of a visit to the exhibit.
This podcast was produced for the Louisiana Art and Science Museum by Acoustiguide Inc. with the assistance of The Jim Henson Legacy, through a generous grant from AT&T.
- Chapter 1: Introduction
- Chapter 2: Kermit the Frog Puppet
- Chapter 3: Jim as Snake Charmer Photo
- Chapter 4: Watchdog Cartoon
- Chapter 5: Taminella Grinderfall Drawing
- Chapter 6: Featherstone and Goshposh Puppets
- Chapter 7: Frackles Drawing
- Chapter 8: Wilkins, Wonkins Puppets, and Camera
- Chapter 9: Rowlf Puppet
- Chapter 10: La Choy Dragon Sketch
- Chapter 11: The Zoocus Drawing
- Chapter 12: Big Boss Man Sketch and Photo
- Chapter 13: Dr. Teeth
- Chapter 14: Mahna Mahna and the Snowths
- Chapter 15: Hilarity, Melancholy, and Conceit
- Chapter 16: Time Piece Panels
- Chapter 17: Cyclia Dome Design
- Chapter 18: Ernie, Bert, and Related Artwork
- Chapter 19: "The King of Eight" Storyboard
- Chapter 20: The Dark Crystal/Pod People Case
- Chapter 21: Gobo and Cantus
- Chapter 22: Credits
Download the Exhibit Podcast
Download the file below, decompress it, and add the resulting MP3 files to your audio player.
Wilkins and Wontkins, of Henson's popular Wilkins Coffee commercials from the late 1950s.
Photo by John E. Barrett. © The Muppet Studio, LLC.
- Museum Hours
- through December 20:
Monday-Friday from 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday-Sunday from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
Open daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas
- through December 20:
- Museum Location
Museum of Science+IndustryGetting Here5700 S. Lake Shore DriveChicago, IL 606371 (773) 684-1414
- Happening Now
Enter the mysterious world of one of nature's most awe-inspiring marine mammals.
Interact with a cutting-edge collection of robots from around the world.
- Coming Soon