BODY WORLDS & The Cycle of Life
March 18, 2011 - September 5, 2011 |
Body Facts: Circulatory System
- The heart beats around three billion times in an average person's life.
- About two million blood cells die in the human body every second, and the same number are formed each second.
- Within a tiny droplet of blood, there are some three million red blood cells, 300,000 platelets and 10,000 white blood cells.
- It takes about a minute for a red blood cell to circle the whole body.
- Red blood cells make approximately 250,000 round trips through the body before returning to the bone marrow to die where they were born.
Facts courtesy of BODY WORLDS.
Image: Gunther von Hagens, Institute for Plastination, Heidelberg, Germany, www.bodyworlds.com.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Travel to some very wild places and explore the extremes of Earth's eco-zones.
- Coming Soon
Experience the enchantment of a fairy’s dream home -- newly restored and more magical than ever!