- This event is suitable for Grades 9-12, Adults.
- May 2, 2009
- 10:30 AM
- Main Level, West Pavilion
- This event requires a FREE event-only ticket for entry (Museum admission not included). Reservations recommended. See details.
Ever want to chase tornadoes? Or wonder what it’s really like to design video games? You’ll learn about these and many other cool jobs at Science Works! This FREE event for students features an all-day career expo as well as 20-minute stage presentations on some of the most unique, interesting and sometimes unexpected jobs in science, engineering and technology!
Featured "cool jobs" include:
- Storm Chasing: Meet Daniel Leonard, a meteorological daredevil who tracks hurricanes, tornadoes and other weather patterns to provide real-time weather forecasts to the aviation industry, energy traders and the media.
- Collecting Evidence: Learn about the scene of the crime with an FBI special agent and hear how their scientific approach to evidence collection helps catch criminals and prosecute cases.
- Living Under the Sea: Jump into marine biology with Dr. Ellen Prager, a scientist who studies the ocean at exotic locations around the world and head’s the world’s only research lab under the sea!
This event is for students ages 13 and up. There is no cost, but advance registration is requested at rsvp(at)sciencechicago.com. Event requires free registration and ticketing upon entry. Admission to Museum exhibits and shows is not included.
Enter Science Works! through the West Pavilion. Follow external signage or call for details.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Travel to some very wild places and explore the extremes of Earth's eco-zones.
- Coming Soon
Experience the enchantment of a fairy’s dream home -- newly restored and more magical than ever!