- This event is suitable for all ages.
- July 24, 2013
- 5:30 PM
- Free, up to membership admit number
5:30 - 9 p.m.
Attend the membership event of the year and get a VIP look behind the scenes. Tour areas that are usually off-limits to the public, participate in Live Science experiences, talk with exhibit developers in their design lofts about upcoming projects, create cool crafts to take home—and so much more!
This event is free for MSI members, up to the quantity admitted under your membership. Advance registraton is now closed - but you can still join the party by registering in-person onsite at the Member Open House tonight. Remember to bring your member ID card with you.
Guide to Activities & Locations Map
To help plan your evening of adventure, view the Guide to Activities and Locations Map.
Here are just a few of the amazing experiences we have in store:
- Chicago Herpetological Society - Meet reptiles and amphibians up close.
- CircEsteem - Try your hand at a circus skill and enjoy a special performance.
- Insect Petting Zoo - See and touch tarantulas, spiders, giant millipedes and other crawly creatures.
- The Robots Are Coming! - Meet some of MSI’s favorite robots, including PARO the therapy seal, and a few of his friends that do the most amazing things.
- Go Behind the Scenes - Take a tour of our offices, Collections area and creative design spaces.
Need to Renew?
You must be a current member to register for and attend this event. To renew your membership, click here.
The Member Open House is sponsored by:
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Take a thrilling underwater journey to explore the beauty and mysteries of coral reefs.
- Coming Soon
Travel to some very wild places and explore the extremes of Earth's eco-zones.
Tim Samuelson and Lisa M. Snyder present a virtual tour of the 1893 Columbian Exposition.
- Become a Member
It's fun, easy, and a great value to earn your "Degree" in science! It's an adventure you don't want to miss.
Support from individuals, corporations and foundations help us fulfill our goal of inspiring all who visit.
Be part of our history of fun by volunteering at the Museum of Science and Industry.