- This event is suitable for Grades 4-8, Grades 9-12, Adults.
- Approx. 30 minutes ea.
- August 17, 2013
- 10:30 AM
- Balcony Level, E-Suite
- Included with Museum Entry
10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
Have you ever wondered what it’s really like to be a scientist? Challenge your curiosity, experience fun activities and interact with real scientists during these Jr. Science Cafés!
Ages 10 and up, parents and chaperones welcome. Sessions last about 30 minutes. These events are included in Museum Entry.
10:30 a.m.: Hi-Tech Tips!
Embark on an inspirational journey of success in STEM with father and son!
• George A. Williams, CEO, PMI Energy Solutions
• Gregory Williams, Civil and Environmental Engineer Student, University of Illinois
11 a.m.: Startup Success!
Meet a Chicago entrepreneur who solves problems, makes things and has fun while doing it all!
• Neal Sales-Griffin, CEO, The Starter League
Noon: Beat Box Roach!
Learn how the brain works in a fun, hands-on experiment with neuroscience (and some critters)!
• Pete Hill, Master Teacher, Hands-on-Training with Backyard Brains
1 p.m.: Robots Rock!
Explore fundamental engineering skills as you help construct a remote-controlled robot!
• M, Program Developer, RobotCity Workshop
2 p.m.: Solving Protein Puzzles!
Challenge yourself in this citizen science game about biochemistry!
• Stephanie Levi, Ph.D., Cell Biologist
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Take a thrilling underwater journey to explore the beauty and mysteries of coral reefs.
- Coming Soon
Travel to some very wild places and explore the extremes of Earth's eco-zones.
Over 300 CPS students present projects at the Museum during this weekend event.