- This event is suitable for all ages.
- January 21, 2013
- 10:00 AM
- Included with General Admission
On Martin Luther King, Jr. Day—Monday, January 21—join the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago to celebrate Black Creativity Family Day! These events are included in Museum general admission—which is also free to Illinois residents on this day.
The Family Day celebration will highlight African Americans in Innovation and the ingenuity that is shaping our future and advancing society in the areas of science, technology and medicine.
- Meet and speak with real working scientists in our Jr. Science Cafes from 11 a.m. to 2 p.m.
- Invent and create in the Museum’s Wanger Family Fab Lab, using vinyl cutters, laser cutters and 3D printers.
- Learn together at the Science Activity Stations! MSI educators will provide opportunities for families to participate in hands-on experiences that will help you think like a scientist and connect to the science you encounter in your everyday life.
- Interact with teens in MSI’s Science Achievers program as they showcase science and engineering projects they have developed. Discover ways young people from communities across Chicago are leading the way as the next generation of explorers and innovators.
- And much more …
For more information about the Black Creativity program, click here.
- Happening Now
A stunning look inside the animal kingdom from the creators of BODY WORLDS.
A visually stunning exploration of our planet's perilous ring of orbiting debris.
- Coming Soon
Join us for hands-on projects, student discussions, live science experiences and more!
Revisit the memorable architectural and visual design of Chicago's 1933 World's Fair.