We are pleased to offer a variety of shops, restaurants and amenities to enhance your Museum experience.
Looking for the perfect gift or a science-inspired souvenir? The Museum's shops offer a wide range of cool toys, gizmos, books and unique exhibit-related gifts.
- Museum Store
- The Museum's flagship retail space located in the Entry Hall.
- Located in the Henry Crown Space Center (Lower Level).
The Kids Stop Shop
- Located near the Group Center (Lower Level).
Museum Photo Studio
- Capture your Museum moments at the photo studios located near Yesterday's Main Street and the U-505 exhibit. The Museum's featured temporary exhibit also offers photo services.
After your visit, you can revisit your pictures and order photo products at msichicago.org/photos.
You may also purchase gifts through the Museum's secure online store.
There's something for everyone at the Museum.
- The Brain Food Court
- Lower Level
- Open Mondays - Saturdays 9:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m. and Sundays 10:30 a.m. - 2:30 p.m.
- Our food court features fresh-made pizzas, made-to-order deli sandwiches, fresh-tossed salads, delicious stir-fry dishes, cooked-to-order grilled items and more.
- Lower Level
- Opens daily at 9:30 a.m. until 30 minutes before Museum closing.
- In a hurry? Our cafe proudly serves Starbucks brand coffee and espresso drinks along with gourmet sandwiches, snacks, salads and pastries.
Finnigan's Ice Cream Parlor
- Main Level near the Coal Mine exhibit
- Open Friday - Sunday from 11:30 a.m. until one hour before Museum closing.
- Visit our old-fashioned ice cream parlor and take a step back to the turn of the century. Based on a real Hyde Park ice cream parlor of the same name, which opened in 1917, Finnigan's serves tempting ice cream favorites, including sundaes and shakes.
Exact times may vary due to special events. Have you visited one of our restaurants recently? Please tell us about your experience!
- Lower Level near the Group Entrance
Lower Level near the escalators
- Lower Level in the Henry Crown Space Center
- A variety of vending machines offer beverages and snacks.
- Happening Now
The longest running exhibition of African-American art in the U.S. features more than 100 works.
Seventy years ago, a historic landing changed the world.
- Coming Soon
See a favorite film, catch one you missed, or experience a new one.