Groups: Capture History
A specially themed U-505 package for groups, available May 23 - December 31, 2014.
On June 4, 1944, the U-505 German submarine was captured off the coast of West Africa. The only German sub seized by the U.S. Navy in World War II, the operation was shrouded in secrecy. Now housed in an amazing exhibit at the Museum of Science and Industry, the U-505 serves as a national war memorial for all those who lost their lives on the high seas in World Wars I and II.
In celebration of the 70th anniversary of the boat’s capture—as well as the 70th anniversary of D-Day—MSI is offering a special “Capture History” package for groups to enjoy.
The package includes:
- Exploration of the dynamic 35,000-square-foot U-505 Submarine exhibit
- On-board guided tour inside the submarine
- Viewing of the new Omnimax film, D-Day: Normandy 1944
- Museum Entry tickets that allow you to explore almost 14 acres of interactive exhibits, including MSI’s historic World War II aircraft: a rare German Stuka and British Spitfire.
Adult groups can receive*:
- Option for military veteran guides to tour your group around the boat’s surrounding exhibit (*Tuesdays only)
Student groups receive:
- Activity booklet for student groups
Planning note: Allow at least two to three hours for the package portion of a group visit.
|Child (under 12)||$18|
|Out-of-state student (Tour Operator)||$18.50|
|Out-of-state student (non-Tour Operator)||$19.50|
Booking this package
To book your group tickets, find out about student prices and receive more information, email groupsales(at)msichicago.org or call (773) 947-3179.
Plan Your Visit
- First Timers
- Is it your first time to visit the Museum, or just been a while?
- Return Visits
- See what’s new and exciting at the Museum!
- We offer a wide-range of fun, exclusive Members-only events.
- Field Trips
- Find suggested activities by age group and subject matter.