See note below on temporary relocation of group pick-up and drop-off locations.
The Museum has a strict Chaperone Policy: student/youth groups in grades K-3 are required to have one adult for every five children; student/youth groups in grades 4-12 are required to have one adult per 10 children. Please make sure your group has the required number of chaperones. Chaperones must remain with their students at all times while in the Museum. Please call (773) 684-1414 with any questions on this policy.
- Review departure time and meeting place with everyone in your group.
- Do a final head count to determine the exact number in your group.
- Plan to arrive at the Museum at least a half-hour before any scheduled event (e.g., Omnimax®, ticketed exhibits, etc.)
- Please see below for new directions on reaching our Group Center.
- On-site bus parking is not available; see Groups Bus Parking for more.
- Keep in mind that the Group Center can become congested if several groups arrive at the same time. Check-in may take up to 15-20 minutes.
- The group leader should proceed to the counter where a representative will register the group and provide tickets and maps.
- Present the confirmation form and an accurate group count.
- At this time, you may pay for any additional people in your group.
- You will also confirm any group lunch information, if applicable.
- Please have your confirmation number and payment ready when you step up to the counter to ensure swift entry into the Museum.
- Museum staff will collect your group's lunches (if applicable) and assign a storage locker for coats.
Group Center (Temporary Relocation)
Please note that the west parking lot—the previous location for bus drop-off and pick-up—will be closed from July 8, 2013 through the end of the year during a Chicago Department of Transportation improvement project. During this time there will be a change in location for bus drop-off and pick-up.
- Motorcoaches will drop off and pick up at the Henry Crown Space Center entrance, located on the east side of the Museum off Lake Shore Drive. See the link below for a map.
- School buses will drop off and pick up at the Main entrance on the north side of the Museum off 57th Drive. See the link below for a map.
Once the project is complete, the new group entry lot will provide a better experience for our group guests, and it will be one of the greenest parking lots in Chicago. We appreciate your cooperation and flexibility. Please contact us at (773) 684-1414 with any questions you may have.
See Getting Here for general directions to the Museum.
- Museum Hours
- Through December 15:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Open daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Through December 15:
- Museum Location
Museum of Science+IndustryGetting Here5700 S. Lake Shore DriveChicago, IL 606371 (773) 684-1414
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Take a thrilling underwater journey to explore the beauty and mysteries of coral reefs.
- Coming Soon