The Museum has a strict Chaperone Policy: student/youth groups in grades K-3 are required to have one adult for every five children; student/youth groups in grades 4-12 are required to have one adult per 10 children. Please make sure your group has the required number of chaperones. Chaperones must remain with their students at all times while in the Museum. Please call (773) 684-1414 with any questions on this policy.
- Review departure time and meeting place with everyone in your group.
- Do a final head count to determine the exact number in your group.
- Plan to arrive at the Museum at least a half-hour before any scheduled event (e.g., Omnimax®, ticketed exhibits, etc.)
- Please see below for new directions on reaching our Group Center.
- On-site bus parking is not available; see Groups Bus Parking for more.
- Keep in mind that the Group Center can become congested if several groups arrive at the same time. Check-in may take up to 15-20 minutes.
- The group leader should proceed to the counter where a representative will register the group and provide tickets and maps.
- Present the confirmation form and an accurate group count.
- At this time, you may pay for any additional people in your group.
- You will also confirm any group lunch information, if applicable.
- Please have your confirmation number and payment ready when you step up to the counter to ensure swift entry into the Museum.
- Museum staff will collect your group's lunches (if applicable) and assign a storage locker for coats.
The Group Center is where groups enter and leave the Museum, with space for eating lunches (with advance arrangement). The Group Center is located on the west side of the Museum's ground level. The Group Center entrance is in the west ground-level lot on Cornell Drive, just south of the underground parking garage entrance.
Please note that our west parking lot is again open for bus drop off and pick up. However, there is a change in how to enter the lot. You can only turn right into the lot from Cornell Street south of the Museum.
Directions from Lake Shore Drive:
- Exit Lake Shore Drive at 57th Drive.
- At the second light, turn right on 57th Street.
- Turn left at the next light onto Stony Island Avenue.
- Turn left at Midway Plaisance, then left on Cornell Street. Turn right into the west parking lot.
The new group entry lot will provide a better experience for our group guests, and it is one of the greenest parking lots in Chicago. We appreciate your cooperation and flexibility.
- Happening Now
Take a visually stunning journey into the future of NASA space exploration.
Explore the history and future of materials that impact our lives everyday.
- Coming Soon