Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D.
The Honorable Shirley Ann Jackson is the 18th President of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute in New York, the oldest technological research university in the United States. Dr. Jackson is the former Chairman of the U.S. Nuclear Regulatory Commission. Described by TIME magazine (2005) as “perhaps the ultimate role model for women in science,” Dr. Jackson has held senior leadership positions in government, industry, research and academia.
She recorded this interview with us just before speaking at the Museum about the energy crisis and the fight to keep the United States competitive by engaging more American students from diverse backgrounds in science and technology careers.
- MSI Podcast #5: Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D. (Part 1 of 2)
- Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D., president of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, discusses energy security.
- MSI Podcast #6: Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D. (Part 2 of 2)
- Shirley Ann Jackson, Ph.D., president of Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute, discusses the science workforce.
Rensselaer Polytechnic Institute Web site
Profile of Dr. Jackson
Back to Podcasts
Subscribe to Our Podcast
- Get the Museum podcast automatically delivered to your iTunes library. (This link will launch iTunes.)
Subscribe on iTunes