MUSEUM OF SCIENCE AND INDUSTRY CHICAGO
MIND GAMES CONTEST
- HOW TO ENTER: NO PURCHASE NECESSARY. Purchase will not enhance chances of winning. Void where prohibited by law. Contest begins at 6:00:00 AM (CT) on June 19, 2008 and ends at 11:59:59 PM (CT) on September 1, 2008. To enter visit the Museum of Science and Industry (“MSI”) website www.msichicago.org/mindgame to answer twenty-five (25) questions and complete and submit entry form. Entrants agree to be bound by and acknowledge compliance with these official rules including eligibility requirements. Limit one entry per email address. In the event of a dispute as to the identity of an entrant, the authorized account holder of the e-mail account will be deemed to be the entrant. “Authorized account holder” of an e-mail address is the natural person in whose name the e-mail address has been issued. A selected winner may be asked to provide Sponsor with proof that the selected winner is the authorized account holder of the e-mail address associated with the winning entry. If a dispute cannot be resolved, the entry will be deemed ineligible. Use of automated devices not valid for entry. Entries become the exclusive property of the Sponsor and will not be returned.
- ELIGIBILITY: Sweepstakes is open to residents of Illinois, Indiana, Missouri, Michigan, and Ohio age 18 or older as of date of entry. Employees of MSI, National Geographic Society (“NG”), Hyatt Corporation (“Hyatt”), PepsiCo, Inc. (“Pepsi”), The Promotion Pipeline, Inc. (“Agency”) and their parent companies, affiliates, subsidiaries, dealers, distributors, retailers, advertising agencies, production agencies, and employees and their immediate families and those living in the same household are not eligible to win. All federal, state and local laws and regulations apply. Void where restricted or prohibited by law.
- PRIZES: One (1) Grand Prize: National Geographic Expeditions Trip for two persons, double occupancy, Land of the Polar Bears. Eleven day trip includes roundtrip coach class airfare from Chicago, O'Hare to Oslo, Norway; and a Category 2 Cabin aboard the July 10, 2009 sailing of the National Geographic Explorer; Canon Powershot SD790 IS Digital Camera; $500 American Express Gift Card; and Museum of Science and Industry Doctorate Level Family Membership. (Estimate Retail Value: $21,634.99); Three (3) First Runner Up Prizes: One night at the Hyatt Hotel; Dinner for two at Prosecco Restaurant; a year’s supply of Pepsi products in the form of coupons; $50 American Express Gift Card and Museum of Science and Industry Master Level Family Membership. (Estimate Retail Value: $785.74); Maximum estimated retail value of all prizes: $22,720.73. Grand Prize winner must be available to travel on the July 10, 2009 sailing of the National Geographic Explorer or that prize is forfeited. Grand Prize winner and travel companion are responsible for transportation to Chicago O’Hare airport for the start of the Grand Prize trip and for their return home from O’Hare at the end of the trip. Grand Prize includes meals as indicated in the itinerary which can be found at http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/484.html. Grand Prize does not include personal items including, but not limited to alcoholic beverages, spa services or internet usage, or any other expenses not expressly mentioned above. Grand Prize does not include gratuities to the National Geographic Explorer staff; passport and visa expenses; baggage/accident/cancellation insurance; personal expenses, such as laundry and telephone calls; and any other items not specifically noted as included. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute prize for a trip of greater or equal value. Winner and companion agree to accept the National Geographic Expeditions Terms and Conditions for Trip available at http://www.nationalgeographicexpeditions.com/content/termsconditionsmain.jsp. First Runner Up Hyatt Hotel and Prosecco Restaurant reservations subject to availability. Certain dates may be unavailable for reservations. Any expenses not expressly mentioned above are the winner’s sole responsibility. All prizes will be awarded. No more than the advertised number of prizes will be awarded. Prize winners cannot assign or transfer their prize to another person. Other restrictions may apply.
- JUDGING: Contest entries will be judged and winners selected by an independent panel of judges whose decisions are final and binding on all matters relating to the Contest. All eligible entries will be graded. Winners will be selected on or about September 22, 2008 from all eligible entries with the most correct answers. By entering, entrants agree to be bound by these rules and the decisions of MSI on all matters relating to the Contest. Winners will be notified by phone and/or mail and shall be required to complete and return an acceptance letter and/ or an Affidavit of Eligibility/ Publicity Release within fourteen (14) days of the date on the notification letter. Failure of any winner to return the executed Affidavit and Release forms within the specified time period may result in winner’s forfeiture of the prize and selection of alternate winner from remaining eligible entries. By accepting any prize, winners consent to the use of their name, voice, and likeness for promotional, advertising, publicity or trade purposes in any and all media worldwide in perpetuity by Sponsor without further compensation unless otherwise prohibited by law. Any prize notification letter or prize returned as undeliverable will be awarded to an alternate.
- ODDS: Odds of winning depend on the number of eligible entries received and the decision of the judges. Entries will not be limited, except as expressly provided above. In the event that there is an insufficient number of qualified entries or if the judges determine in their absolute discretion that no or too few entries meet the quality standards established to award the prizes, Sponsor reserves the right not to award the prizes.
- GENERAL: Prizes are non-transferable and no substitutions or cash redemptions will be made. Sponsor reserves the right to substitute a prize of equal or greater value in the event of unavailability. Any and all taxes are the winner’s sole responsibility. MSI, National Geographic, Hyatt, Pepsi, Agency and their employees, officers, directors, affiliates, parent companies, subsidiaries, and agents will have no liability whatsoever for, and shall be held harmless by entrants against, any liability for any injuries, losses or damages of any kind to persons, including death or property loss resulting in whole of in part, directly or indirectly from acceptance, possession, misuse or use of any prize or participation in this Contest or in any Contest related activity. Entries become the sole property of the Sponsor. By participating in this sweepstakes and/or accepting any prize, entrants and winner release MSI, National Geographic, Hyatt, Pepsi, Agency and their parent companies, partners, affiliates, subsidiaries, officers, agents, employees, advertising agencies, and all others associated with the development and execution of the Contest from and against any and all liability associated with or in any way arising from the Contest and/ or acceptance or use of any prize, including without limitation, liability for personal injury, damage or loss. Entries will not be acknowledged or returned. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for lost, late, misdirected or damaged entries or Internet technical, hardware, software, telephone or transmission failures of any kind, which limit a person’s ability to enter the Contest. Sponsor and its agencies are not responsible for any injury or damage to entrants or any other person’s computer related to, or resulting from, playing or downloading any materials in the Contest. Sponsor reserves the right to cancel or suspend advertising the Contest on the Internet should a computer virus, unauthorized intervention or other cause corrupt the integrity or the proper conduct of the promotion. Sponsor reserves the right to disqualify any entrant found to be disrupting the operation of the Contest or website. By submitting an entry in the Contest, you acknowledge and agree that Sponsor shall be permitted to use your entry data for marketing purposes consistent with their privacy policies and applicable law.
- WINNERS: For the name of winner (available after September 22, 2008) send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Museum of Science and Industry Mind Games Contest Winner, c/o The Promotion Pipeline, PO Box 162, Huntington Station, New York 11746. For a copy of the official rules, send a self addressed, stamped envelope to: Museum of Science and Industry Chicago Mind Game Rules, c/o The Promotion Pipeline, PO Box 162, Huntington Station, New York 11746.
Sponsor: Museum of Science and Industry Chicago 57th Street and Lake Shore Drive, Chicago, IL 60637.