Help build the bright future we all want for our children by supporting science education with a gift through your estate or financial plans.
Why Make a Planned Gift?
Charitable planning tools help your gifts work harder—for you and MSI. Depending on the vehicle, you can meet current and future financial goals, provide for your loved ones, receive tax savings and earn income streams.
Maiking a planned or deferred gift to the Museum through your will, trusts or other estate gifts qualifies you for annual membership in the Rosenwald Society, named for Julius Rosenwald, the forward-thinking philanthropist who founded MSI.
Rosenwald Society membership benefits include:
- Free Museum Entry for your family and two guests
- Free indoor parking
- Free, unlimited Omnimax® passes
- Invitation to the complimentary Rosenwald Society Appreciation Luncheon for you and a guest
- Free or discounted tickets for special exhibitions and tours
- Free Coal Mine tickets
- Discounts in Museum stores and restaurants
- Concierge service
- Charitable planning assistance
- Annual Report name recognition
Follow in the footsteps of our founder and leave a legacy you can be proud of. Inquire about the Rosenwald Society today.
Ways to Make a Planned Gift
There are a variety of ways to make a planned gift to MSI—and many of them offer benefits you can begin earning today.*
Examples of planned or deferred gifts include:
- Appreciated Securities. Make your gift go further and avoid capital gains tax.
- Bequest. Make a gift for the future at no cost to you during your lifetime.
- Retirement Plan Assets and IRAs. Make a no-cost gift and avoid double taxation.
- Charitable Gift Annuity. Make a gift that provides supplemental income in the form of fixed payments.
- Charitable Remainder Trust. Create a trust that pays you or others a fixed or variable income for life or a term of years. After the term of the trust, the remainder passes to MSI.
- Charitable Lead Trust. Reduce or avoid gift and estate tax on assets you wish to pass to your family.
- Life Insurance. Name MSI as a beneficiary for a portion of your life insurance plan and make a significant gift at little or no cost.
Work with your financial advisor to learn more about using these charitable planning vehicles to support MSI. We are also happy to assist you.
* Descriptions of charitable planning options are for illustrative purposes only.
For information on charitable planning, please contact the Individual Giving team at (773) 947-6146 or giving(at)msichicago.org.
- For information on charitable planning, contact the Individual Giving team at (773) 947-6146 or giving(at)msichicago.org.
Focused on the Future
A cultural icon beloved by generations of Chicagoans, MSI inpsires the children of today to become tomorrow's leaders in science and technology.
about the museum
The Museum of Science and Industry opened its doors in 1933 and is the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere.