Our foundation partners do more than make grants, they foster real, positive change by helping to deliver award-winning science education in ways that are bold, powerful and meaningful.
MSI provides foundations with the opportunity to partner with an established community advocate and leader in science education. The impact of our work is local, regional and growing. We have a strong record of multi-year partnerships and are continually recognized for the innovative ways we bring science to life for students, teachers and their families … inside our building and out in the community.
At MSI, we spark curiosity, ignite a love of learning and transform lives through the power of science, every single day. The Annual Fund covers expenses for our everyday activities. It keeps the whistle blowing in the Coal Mine, the tornado turning in Science Storms and the wheels spinning in the minds of the million-plus guests who visit us each year. It's the engine that helps MSI:
- Host more than 344,000 students on field trips
- Conduct nationally recognized science education programs for thousands of students, teachers and their families through MSI's Center for the Advancement of Science Education (CASE)
- Train 1,000 teachers to improve the way they teach science
- Fund 100 after-school Science Minors Clubs in neighborhoods across Chicago and northwest Indiana
MSI invites foundations to partner with us by giving to the Annual Fund.
- For information on foundation support, please contact Shannon Lindgren at (773) 753-6266 or shannon.lindgren(at)msichicago.org.
Ninety-seven percent of high school seniors who participated in the MSI Science Achievers youth development program, from 2008 – 2012, were accepted to college.