About the lab
- Grades: 3-5
- Capacity: 30 students
- Duration: 90 minutes
- Cost: $140
- Offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:15 a.m.
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices:
Asking questions and defining problems
Developing and using models
Planning and carrying out investigations
Analyzing and interpreting data
Constructing explanations and designing solutions
Engaging in argument from evidence
Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
Cause and effect: mechanism and explanation
Systems and system models
Energy and matter: flows, cycles and conservation
Stability and change
- Understand the difference between weather and climate.
- Explore how forecasters use science to make predictions and learn about the tools scientists use to predict weather.
- Use data, observations and technology to make a weather prediction.
- Be actively engaged in hands-on, inquiry-based science investigation.
- Share Learning Lab-generated thoughts/ideas/questions with peers and program facilitators.
- Work collaboratively with peers.
- Observe and analyze weather predictions using scientific tools.
- Practice 21st century science and technology skills using online resources.
- Communicate using accurate terminology/vocabulary.