About the lab
- Grades: 7-12
- Capacity: 30 students
- Duration: 60 minutes
- Cost: $120
- Offered Tuesday through Friday at 10:15 and 11:45 a.m.
Next Generation Science Standards
Science and Engineering Practices:
Developing and using models
Planning and carrying out investigations
Analyzing and interpreting data
Engaging in argument from evidence
Obtaining, evaluating and communicating information
Cause and effect
Systems and system models
Structure and function
Stability and change
Disciplinary Core Ideas:
LS 1: From molecules to organisms: structures and processes
LS 3: Heredity: inheritance and variation of traits
Illinois Learning Standards
6: C, D; 7: A, C; 11: A, B; 12: A, B; 13: A, B; 22: A, B, C; 23: A, B; 24: B
- Gain a greater understanding of medicine, physiology and anatomy.
- Gain a greater understanding of how personal choices impact community health issues.
- Gain a greater understanding of, and increased interest in, a range of health and science careers that impact community and individual health.
- Feel empowered to take initiative in improving personal, family and/or community health.
- Be actively engaged in inquiry-based, hands-on science investigation.
- Work collaboratively with peers.
- Communicate using terminology/vocabulary accurately.
- Analyze test results, develop a diagnosis and suggest treatment for illness.