With Easter just around the corner, eggs are the topic this week! Not only are they incredible and edible, they are pretty amazing. Here are some fun facts you might not know about chicken eggs.
1. Eggs contain all 9 essential amino acids.
2. The United States produces around 75 billion eggs every year... and that's only 10% of the amount of eggs produced worldwide. China currently holds the number one spot: 390 billion eggs each year.
3. You don't need a rooster for a hen to lay an egg! See the chart from artist Amanda Visell that explains how eggs are made with and without a male chicken.
4. The color of the egg has nothing to do with nutrition: chickens with white feathers and white earlobes produce white eggs, chickens with red/brown/black feathers and dark earlobes produce darker eggs (usually brown).
Sorry, comments are not allowed for this post.
- Art and Culture (3)
- Attitude and Behavior (9)
- Chemistry (9)
- Computer and Digital Technology (7)
- Earth Science (6)
- Education and Policy (4)
- Energy (5)
- Engineering (8)
- Environment and Sustainability (9)
- Health and Medicine (17)
- Manufacturing and Industry (7)
- Math (2)
- Museums (2)
- Physics (8)
- Space and Astronomy (16)
- Technology (18)
- Transportation (3)
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Hear the stories behind a mission to save the Hubble Space Telescope.
- Coming Soon
Enjoy breakfast among the splendor of our legendary holiday displays.
Write the team behind the blog with your questions or comments.