Programs offered by the Museum's Center for the Advancement of Science Education are designed to extend the content of the Museum's exhibits through strategies that empower teachers, engage the community and excite students and Museum guests.
Museum officials are available to comment on science education issues and ways to improve student achievement in science. For media inquiries, please contact Julie Parente at (773) 753-6249 or julie.parente(at)msichicago.org.
- MSI Program Improves Student Learning, Study Finds
- MSI commits to training 1,000 teachers in five years through courses that significantly improve what teachers and their students know about science.
- MSI Enhances Science Education Programs for Teachers With New Grant
Teams from MSI's Art of Science Learning Project Present Solutions to Urban Nutrition
- Museums Explore Ways to Use Theater and Improvisation to Engage Guests in Science
- Voucher Offered to CPS Students Who Attend on First Day of School
MSI Teen Interns Lead Science Activities at Chicago Public Library Branches
- Teens Teach Science to Museum Guests as Part of Unique Summer Internship
- Throw a Science-Themed Carnival With MSI's Summer Brain Games!
- MSI Commits to Training 1,000 Teachers Over the Next Five Years
- Summer Brain Games are Back at MSI!
- MSI Testifies Before Congress on Critical Role Museums Play in Science Education
- MSI Partners With Valparaiso University in Program that Aims to Improve Science Teaching
- Federal Funds Enhance MSI Programs for Teachers, Students
- CPS Students Who Attend on First Day Receive MSI Passes
- Play Summer Brain Games with MSI!
- MSI Honors Students, Teachers, Community Leaders at CASE Event
- MSI Top Field Trip Destination for Third Year in a Row
- Students Introduce Russian Youth Staff to Cutting-Edge Technology in MSI's Fab Lab
- Museum Joins "100KIN10" Movement to Tackle Need for Science and Math Teachers
- MSI Provides Passes for All CPS Students Who Attend on First Day
- Students, Teachers, Community Leaders Honored for Bringing Science to Life
- Museum Honors Northwest Indiana Teachers at Special Event
- NOAA Conference at MSI Highlights New Technology to Discuss Environmental Science
- MSI Partners with NASA, Challenger Learning Centers to Take Students to Mars
- MSI Top Field Trip Destination for School Groups in 2010
- MSI Partners with CPS on First-Day Attendance Incentive
- Teachers, Students Experiment With Cars of the Future
- Museum Honors Students, Teachers for Their Passion for Science
- Museum Announces Funding for Quality Science Teaching Programs
- About the Center for the Advancement of Science Education
- Museum Educator Travels to Antarctica
- Happening Now
Interact with a cutting-edge collection of robots from around the world.
Take a visually stunning journey into the future of NASA space exploration.
- Coming Soon
A second exclusive night for members to experience Robot Revolution.
The Membership party of the year: VIP access, fun activities and our newest exhibits!
- Become a Member
It's fun, easy, and a great value! It's an adventure you don't want to miss.
Support from individuals, corporations and foundations help us fulfill our goal of inspiring all who visit.