Welcome, members of the media!
As the Museum of Science and Industry's public relations team, we look forward to working with you on your Museum story. Below you will find various press documents and images, grouped by exhibit, which are available for download for media use.
If you have any further questions about the Museum, would like to arrange an interview with a Museum spokesperson or are having any issues with this page, please contact the public relations office at (773) 947-6003. Our public relations staff is in the office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please note that same-day interview requests may not be possible.
General Press Releases
- General Release (PDF)
- Fact Sheet (PDF)
- History (PDF)
- Center for the Advancement of Science Education (PDF)
- Favorites for All Ages (PDF)
- What's Happening, Winter 2013 (PDF)
For all media inquiries, please contact:
General Museum Photos
Filming at the Museum
Current Exhibit and Event Press Kits
- Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle Conservation
- The amazing Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle structure, which took seven years and nearly $500,000 to create in 1935, is in need of conservation to ensure its long-term preservation.
- Treasures of the Walt Disney Archives
- Nearly 300 artifacts from nine decades of the Walt Disney Company come to Chicago in this celebration of imagination and innovation, with interactive opportunities to create some movie magic of your own.
- Open through May 4, 2014
- Christmas Around the World and Holidays of Light
- Celebrate the season at MSI's 72nd annual holiday exhibit, a custom that began during World War II ... and this year, inspired by 90 years of Disney tradition.
- Open through January 5, 2014
- Future Energy Chicago
- MSI's dynamic new experience focused on Chicago’s energy future, using a state-of-the-art, multi-player visual simulation, combined with real-world data.
- 80 at 80
- The Museum celebrates its 80th anniversary with this exhibit featuring 80 specially selected artifacts from its Collection, including favorites, rarities and cutting-edge technology.
- Open through February 2, 2014
- The Art of the Bicycle
- Taken directly from the Museum’s collection, see some of MSI’s most fascinating, rarely exhibited historic bicycles—juxtaposed with the coolest, fastest and most high-tech bikes currently on the market.
- NEW! Chew or Die App and Code Fred: Survival Mode Online Game
- Explore a healthy 2013—MSI-style! From taking the “Spinach Samurai” challenge, to helping a lost soul escape the clutches of a wolf with the power of his own body, the Museum has new digital content that offers fun ways to learn about nutrition and physiology.
- Would You Eat That? Online Game
- MSI's new online game, "Would You Eat That?," challenges kids and adults alike to identify the ingredients in some of their favorite foods.
- Virtual Heart App for iPad!
- In the spirit of American Heart Month, get a heart pumping in a whole new way with MSI's Virtual Heart app.
- Space Junk
- Travel into outer space and discover an expanding ring of man-made debris threatening the safety of our planet.
- The Last Reef: Cities Beneath the Sea
- Take a deep dive into an exotic, unknown world where the more you look, the more you see.
- Science Storms
- A new permanent exhibit exploring the extraordinary science behind some of nature’s most powerful and compelling phenomena.
- YOU! The Experience
- A new permanent exhibit celebrating the whole "you": mind, body and spirit.
- Fast Forward ... Inventing the Future
- In this interactive gallery, meet innovators from around the world who are making the seemingly impossible a reality.
- The U-505 Submarine
- Experience the real U-505—the only German submarine in the United States.
- Earth Revealed
- Get an up-close and near "real-time" view of our planet Earth in the new Museum of Science and Industry permanent exhibit Earth Revealed.
- Museum Hours
- Through December 15:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Open daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Through December 15:
- Museum Location
Museum of Science+IndustryGetting Here5700 S. Lake Shore DriveChicago, IL 606371 (773) 684-1414
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Take a thrilling underwater journey to explore the beauty and mysteries of coral reefs.
- Coming Soon
- Become a Member
It's fun, easy, and a great value to earn your "Degree" in science! It's an adventure you don't want to miss.
Support from individuals, corporations and foundations help us fulfill our goal of inspiring all who visit.
Be part of our history of fun by volunteering at the Museum of Science and Industry.
about the museum
The Museum of Science and Industry opened its doors in 1933 and is the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere.