Welcome, members of the media!
As the Museum of Science and Industry's public relations team, we look forward to working with you on your Museum story. Below you will find various press documents and images, grouped by exhibit, which are available for download for media use.
If you have any further questions about the Museum, would like to arrange an interview with a Museum spokesperson or are having any issues with this page, please contact the public relations office at (773) 947-6003. Our public relations staff is in the office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please note that same-day interview requests may not be possible.
General Press Releases
- General Release (PDF)
- Fact Sheet (PDF)
- History (PDF)
- Center for the Advancement of Science Education (PDF)
- Favorites for All Ages (PDF)
- Fun Facts (PDF)
- What's Happening Winter/Spring 2013 (PDF)
For all media inquiries, please contact:
General Museum Photos
Filming at the Museum
Center for the Advancement of Science Education
Upcoming Exhibit and Event Press Kits
- Summer Brain Games
- Summer Brain Games are back at MSI! For the second summer in a row, MSI will offer the Summer Brain Games program--eight weeks of free and fun at-home science experiments designed to combat the “summer brain drain."
- Future Energy Chicago
- MSI will premiere a dynamic new experience focused on Chicago’s energy future, Using state-of-the-art, multi-player visual simulation, combined with real-world data.
- Opens September 18, 2013
Current Exhibit and Event Press Kits
- Animal Inside Out -- A BODY WORLDS Production
- From anatomist Dr. Gunther von Hagens—creator of the well-known BODY WORLDS exhibitions—explore the intricate biology and physiology of some of the world’s most spectacular creatures.
- Open through September 2, 2013
- The Art of the Bicycle
- Taken directly from the Museum’s collection, see some of MSI’s most fascinating, rarely exhibited historic bicycles—juxtaposed with the coolest, fastest and most high-tech bikes currently on the market.
- NEW! Chew or Die App and Code Fred: Survival Mode Online Game
- Explore a healthy 2013—MSI-style! From taking the “Spinach Samurai” challenge, to helping a lost soul escape the clutches of a wolf with the power of his own body, the Museum has new digital content that offers fun ways to learn about nutrition and physiology.
- Would You Eat That? Online Game
- MSI's new online game, "Would You Eat That?," challenges kids and adults alike to identify the ingredients in some of their favorite foods.
- Virtual Heart App for iPad!
- In the spirit of American Heart Month, get a heart pumping in a whole new way with MSI's Virtual Heart app.
- Space Junk
- Travel into outer space and discover an expanding ring of man-made debris threatening the safety of our planet.
- The Last Reef: Cities Beneath the Sea
- Take a deep dive into an exotic, unknown world where the more you look, the more you see.
- Science Storms
- A new permanent exhibit exploring the extraordinary science behind some of nature’s most powerful and compelling phenomena.
- YOU! The Experience
- A new permanent exhibit celebrating the whole "you": mind, body and spirit.
- Fast Forward ... Inventing the Future
- In this interactive gallery, meet innovators from around the world who are making the seemingly impossible a reality.
- The U-505 Submarine
- Experience the real U-505—the only German submarine in the United States.
- Earth Revealed
- Get an up-close and near "real-time" view of our planet Earth in the new Museum of Science and Industry permanent exhibit Earth Revealed.
- The Great Train Story
- Witness 30-plus trains run on 1,400 feet of winding track from Seattle to Chicago.
- Happening Now
A stunning look inside the animal kingdom from the creators of BODY WORLDS.
Take a thrilling underwater journey to explore the beauty and mysteries of coral reefs.
- Coming Soon
See 80 rarely displayed artifacts in an exhibit commemorating the Museum's 80th anniversary.
Join us as we turn 80 with entertainment, a new exhibit, and a unique "cake"!
- Become a Member
It's fun, easy, and a great value to earn your "Degree" in science! It's an adventure you don't want to miss.
Support from individuals, corporations and foundations help us fulfill our goal of inspiring all who visit.
Be part of our history of fun by volunteering at the Museum of Science and Industry.
about the museum
The Museum of Science and Industry opened its doors in 1933 and is the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere.