Welcome, members of the media!
As the Museum of Science and Industry's public relations team, we look forward to working with you on your Museum story. Below you will find various press documents and images, grouped by exhibit, which are available for download for media use.
If you have any further questions about the Museum, would like to arrange an interview with a Museum spokesperson or are having any issues with this page, please contact the public relations office at (773) 947-6003. Our public relations staff is in the office from 9 a.m. to 5 p.m. Monday through Friday. Please note that same-day interview requests may not be possible.
General Press Releases
- General Release (PDF)
- Fact Sheet (PDF)
- History (PDF)
- Favorites for All Ages (PDF)
Center for the Advancement of Science Education (PDF)
For all media inquiries, please contact:
General Museum Photos
Filming at the Museum
Upcoming Exhibit and Event Press Kits
- Robot Revolution
- Robot Revolution, a new national touring exhibit supported by Google, will premiere at MSI.
- Opens May 21, 2015
Current Exhibit and Event Press Kits
- Black Creativity
- Black Creativity 2015 programs include the Juried Art Exhibition, the Innovation Studio and a Family Day on Monday, January 19.
- Begins January 19, 2015
- Numbers In Nature: A Mirror Maze
- This interactive, immersive new permanent exhibit will expose and explain mathematical patterns that abound in the natural world—from the delicate nested spirals of a sunflower’s seeds to the layout of the universe.
- Explore how progress happens and how technology and people, working together, can make the world work better, in this interactive experience showcasing some of the major scientific and technical advances of the last 100 years.
- Own a piece of MSI history!
- Images representing the collection of the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago are now being offered as prints, posters, canvases and wall clings.
- D-Day: Normandy 1944
- Narrated by renowned journalist and author Tom Brokaw, D-Day: Normandy 1944 provides a new, penetrating look at this defining moment in history.
- Flight of the Butterflies
- Flight of the Butterflies, the new Omnimax film at the Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago, focuses on the awe-inspiring migration journey of the monarch butterflies.
- Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle
- The amazing Colleen Moore's Fairy Castle structure, which took seven years and nearly $500,000 to create in 1935, has been at the Museum since 1949.
- Future Energy Chicago
- MSI's dynamic new experience focused on Chicago’s energy future, using a state-of-the-art, multi-player visual simulation, combined with real-world data.
- 80 at 80
- The Museum celebrates its 80th anniversary with this exhibit featuring 80 specially selected artifacts from its Collection, including favorites, rarities and cutting-edge technology.
- Open through September 1, 2014
- The Art of the Bicycle
- Taken directly from the Museum’s collection, see some of MSI’s most fascinating, rarely exhibited historic bicycles—juxtaposed with the coolest, fastest and most high-tech bikes currently on the market.
- Science Storms
- A new permanent exhibit exploring the extraordinary science behind some of nature’s most powerful and compelling phenomena.
- YOU! The Experience
- A new permanent exhibit celebrating the whole "you": mind, body and spirit.
- The U-505 Submarine
- Experience the real U-505—the only German submarine in the United States.
- goREACT mobile app and online game
- Based on the interactive periodic table experience, Create a Chemical Reaction, in the Museum’s Science Storms exhibit, this fun app lets users explore elements and reactions, and connect chemistry with the world around them.
- Would You Eat That? Online Game
- MSI's online game, "Would You Eat That?," challenges kids and adults alike to identify the ingredients in some of their favorite foods.
- Virtual Heart App for iPad!
- In the spirit of American Heart Month, get a heart pumping in a whole new way with MSI's Virtual Heart app.
- Fast Forward ... Inventing the Future
- In this interactive gallery, meet innovators from around the world who are making the seemingly impossible a reality.
- Center for the Advancement of Science Education
- Find out how MSI’s Center for the Advancement of Science Education empowers teachers, engages the community and excites students.
- Happening Now
Seventy years ago, a historic landing changed the world.
The longest running exhibition of African-American art in the U.S. features more than 100 works.
- Coming Soon
See a favorite film, catch one you missed, or experience a new one.
Join us for hands-on projects, student discussions, live science experiences and more!
- Become a Member
It's fun, easy, and a great value! It's an adventure you don't want to miss.
Support from individuals, corporations and foundations help us fulfill our goal of inspiring all who visit.
about the museum
The Museum of Science and Industry opened its doors in 1933 and is the largest science museum in the Western Hemisphere.