Guest Admissions Representative
Department: Education & Guest Services
Status: Temporary Part Time (until 01/04/2015)
The world-class Museum of Science and Industry is seeking individuals who can utilize excellent customer service skills and interact with guests onsite or over the telephone to sell Museum admissions, exhibits and memberships; engage guests in a positive, fun, inclusive and educational capacity. This individual will: provide compelling and personalized information while recommending event/show times to help build fun and amazing Museum experiences; perform core operational functions of ticketing system, Wayfinding, and opening and closing of Museum’s ticketing operations; and cross-train to be able to work at all Ticketing and Call Center positions, as well as to work in the Entry Hall area, Lost and Found, Coat Check and at all ticketing kiosks.
- Provides enthusiastic and efficient customer service by answering questions regarding Museum exhibits, special attractions, providing directions and assistance, to enhance the guest experience.
- Anticipates guest issues and is empowered to proactively solve guest issues and needs.
- Has the curiosity and excitement to learn special attractions, exhibit content and price structure to efficiently increase sales numbers.
- Has the ability to build personal relations with Museum members/guests to encourage repeat visits.
- Participates in team meetings to create and discuss new sales tactics.
- Partners with Guest Operations/Guest Experience to ensure real-time traffic flow is being communicated to ensure positive museum experiences.
- Processes all transactions on the Museum’s ticketing system according to Museum policies and procedures.
- Accurately balances monies through ticketing system.
- Assists guests who appear or are lost, or guests with any issues or problems.
- One year of college experience or 1-2 years of related or relevant experience.
- Previous cash handling experience required.
- Prior computer experience a must/familiar with basic Windows operations, Microsoft Office and Internet.
- Successful customer service experience.
- Prior telephone experience preferred.
- Bi-lingual is a plus.
- Ability to multitask (e.g., explain Museum content while actively completely ticketing transactions).
- Ability to work in fast-paced environment while being friendly and outgoing.
- Ability to work in multi-working areas (e.g., Group Center, Membership, Lost and Found, Coat Check, Ticketing and Call Center).
- Requires weekends, holidays and some evenings.
- Has the curiosity to learn Museum content and culture and is able to communicate that to guests in an engaging and inclusive way.
- Has the ability to learn, comprehend and utilize the Museum’s Ticketing and Call Center systems to ensure efficient and accurate transactions.
- A positive attitude required, strong love for working with people in a fun, inviting atmosphere.
- Must be flexible in working in multiple environments, such as the Call Center, Membership, and onsite Ticketing.
The Museum of Science and Industry, one of the largest science centers in the world, offers world-class and uniquely interactive science experiences that inspire inventive genius and foster curiosity. From groundbreaking and award-winning exhibits that can’t be found anywhere else to Live Science Experiences that make you the scientist — a visit to MSI is where fun and learning mix. Through its Center for the Advancement of Science Education (CASE), MSI offers a variety of student, teacher and family programs that make a difference in communities and contribute to the Museum’s larger vision: to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential in science, technology, medicine and engineering. If you are equally passionate about our vision and want to be surrounded by a team of dynamic, smart and innovative people, the Museum of Science and Industry is the right place for you.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Seventy years ago, a historic landing changed the world.
- Coming Soon
A special evening event celebrating innovation and the future of design.
Enjoy breakfast among the splendor of our legendary holiday displays.
- Become a Member
It's fun, easy, and a great value! It's an adventure you don't want to miss.
Support from individuals, corporations and foundations help us fulfill our goal of inspiring all who visit.