Facilitator I, Group Center
Department: Education & Guest Services
Status: Temporary Part Time (until 6/01/2014)
This individual will perform core operational functions of facilitating the arrival and departure of groups, engaging chaperones and youth in a positive, fun, inclusive and educational capacity in addition to providing information regarding their visit to the Museum. This position will provide exceptional, “world-class” service for all Museum guests and prepare them for their day at the Museum.
- Must be able to provide exceptional Guest Service while efficiently, safely and courteously moving guests throughout the Museum
- Ability to work closely with others including co-workers, Manager, Coordinators and Guest Admission Representatives to provide a safe, nurturing and educational environment for all guests
- As part of the Group Center team, demonstrate positive interpersonal skills that promote open communication with guests, large groups and co-workers, and be willing to effectively provide acceptable solutions to day-to-day challenges
- Responsible for facilitating efficient and courteous cycling of groups through the lunch room, including transporting lunches and cleaning lunch tables
- Familiar with exhibit content and exhibit activities grounded in science, technology, engineering and medicine
- Ensure guest service and safety goals in order to contribute to organizational objectives
- Responsible for preparing all the necessary paperwork and tickets for each group arriving in the Group Center each day
- Tracks and records guests' frequently asked questions
- Must show a demonstrated commitment to the Museum
- One-year certificate from college or technical school; or three-to-six months' related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Education/experience in Hospitality, Education or Performing Arts preferred
- Exceptional Guest Service skills
- Effective problem solvers
- Able to speak to and move large groups in a safe, courteous and efficient manner
- Ability to think quickly and multi-task
- Must be able to work independently and as part of a team
- Positive attitude
- Ability to adapt to change
- Sense of humor
- Thursday and Friday availability required to meet the needs of the department
- Must be able to push, pull or lift 50 pounds
The Museum of Science and Industry, one of the largest science centers in the world, offers world-class and uniquely interactive science experiences that inspire inventive genius and foster curiosity. From groundbreaking and award-winning exhibits that can’t be found anywhere else to Live Science Experiences that make you the scientist — a visit to MSI is where fun and learning mix. Through its Center for the Advancement of Science Education (CASE), MSI offers a variety of student, teacher and family programs that make a difference in communities and contribute to the Museum’s larger vision: to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential in science, technology, medicine and engineering. If you are equally passionate about our vision and want to be surrounded by a team of dynamic, smart and innovative people, the Museum of Science and Industry is the right place for you.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Take a thrilling underwater journey to explore the beauty and mysteries of coral reefs.
- Coming Soon
Travel to some very wild places and explore the extremes of Earth's eco-zones.
Tim Samuelson and Lisa M. Snyder present a virtual tour of the 1893 Columbian Exposition.