Department: Guest Experiences
Status: Temporary Part Time (until 01/05/2014)
This individual will engage guests with scientific exhibit content in a positive, fun, inclusive and educational capacity. Provide compelling and personalized exhibit experiences throughout the Museum. Perform core operational functions of exhibits, wayfinding, and opening and closing of Museum.
- Learns exhibit content and exhibit activities grounded in science, technology, engineering, medicine and aviation
- Engages guest participation in Museum experience with questions, games, activities and education content related to exhibit and museum
- Facilitates exhibit activities with guests
- Performs core operational functions of exhibits and museum including wayfinding, and opening and closing procedures
- Participates in team meetings to create and discuss new exhibit experiences
- Learns exhibit content and related areas
- Partners with volunteers and educators to enhance experiences
- Tracks and records guests' frequently asked questions
- Assists guests who appear to be or are lost, or guests with any issues or problems
- Anticipates guest issues and proactively solves guest issues and needs
- Trains new employees on exhibit content
- One year of college or 1-2 years' related or relevant experience
- Ability to learn and teach exhibit content in a museum environment
- Ability to effectively present content in exhibits throughout the museum in both one-on-one and group situations in an engaging, compelling, energetic manner
- Ability to learn math related to science content
- Ability to learn and engage guests with science content
- Ability to anticipate guests' needs and solve guest issues
- Positive attitude required: strong love for working with people in a fun, educational atmosphere
- Prior museum educational experience, science experience, or theatre experience is important
- Ability to talk and engage guests for long periods of time is required
- Ability to handle several activities at one time
- Must be able and willing to work weekends and holidays
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Museum Hours
- Through December 15:
Monday - Friday: 9:30 a.m. to 4 p.m.
Saturday - Sunday: 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.
- Open daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Through December 15:
- Museum Location
Museum of Science+IndustryGetting Here5700 S. Lake Shore DriveChicago, IL 606371 (773) 684-1414
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Take a thrilling underwater journey to explore the beauty and mysteries of coral reefs.
- Coming Soon