Digital Video Intern
Department: Digital Media
Status: Temporary Paid Internship
The Museum of Science and Industry, Chicago creates digital media projects to extend the experience of our exhibits outside of the building to users everywhere. These digital projects exist in several forms and platforms, communicating including online, mobile, location-based, socially driven and teacher-facilitated.
The Digital Video intern assists in producing digital video and motion graphics projects for online distribution. This is expected to include short, highly edited video with graphics for MSI's website, social media outlets, online interactives and games. Other projects or tasks may be developed based upon the intern's expertise and skills.
- Graduate or upper undergraduate coursework in digital video editing and production
- Online samples of motion graphics work and digital video editing
- Interest in using a variety of formats — e.g., short documentary format, infographic- and animation-driven "instructables," video podcasts, trailers — to convey the Museum experience and the value of exploring science.
- Ability to create visual media that is both innovative and widely appealing
- Final Cut Pro expertise a must
- Experience with 2D motion graphics required
- Experience with 3D motion graphics a plus
- Familiarity with social media and content management systems
- Must be able to collaborate creatively in a group— to generate and articulate concepts, take and give feedback, accept direction and notes.
- Must be able to interact appropriately with MSI guests and children.
- Detail-oriented self-starters desired: must be able to work independently on multiple projects and meet deadlines.
This internship begins June 2013, and will last approximately two months, based upon schedule and availability. To apply, you should be able to commit to working 15-20 hours a week at MSI (specific hours and days can be adapted to fit schedules).
This internship includes a competitive stipend.
Applications will be accepted until June 24, 2013 at midnight. Interviews will be held at MSI.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
A stunning look inside the animal kingdom from the creators of BODY WORLDS.
A visually stunning exploration of our planet's perilous ring of orbiting debris.
- Coming Soon
Join us for hands-on projects, student discussions, live science experiences and more!
Revisit the memorable architectural and visual design of Chicago's 1933 World's Fair.