Senior Staff Accountant
Status: Full Time
This individual will perform a variety of accounting functions related to the processing and monitoring of accounting/financial data, including, but not limited to, verifying financial report data, inputting journal entries into the financial system, participating in year-end retirement savings audit, and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations. This individual will also perform operating and restricted financial statement analyses as assigned.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the Senior Staff Accountant, but are not limited to, the following:
- Prepare and/or enter journal entries and accruals into MS Great Plains
- Prepare monthly restricted net asset reconciliation
- Track all in-kind gifts
- Reconcile and report on all refunds processed
- Prepare assigned 990 tax return schedules
- Prepare monthly/quarterly balance sheet account analyses
- Assist in recording year-end accruals
- Participate in year-end audit preparation/submission of audit work papers
- Perform operating and restricted financial statement analyses as assigned
- Perform special projects or tasks as assigned
- Perform monthly pledge reconciliations and book pledge data
- Participate in audits of retirement savings plans
The Senior Staff Accountant requires superior analytical, attention to detail, written and verbal communications skills, and exceptionally good professional judgment.
Required qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree (B.S.) in Accounting; four to six years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to respond to common inquiries or complaints from customers, regulatory agencies, or members of the business community.
- Must have accounting/finance department experience.
- Microsoft Dynamics GP experience preferred.
- Good attention to detail and analytical skills.
- Good written and verbal communication skills.
- Requires application of generally accepted accounting principles within an accounting system and be able to apply those principles in financial analyses.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Travel to some very wild places and explore the extremes of Earth's eco-zones.
- Coming Soon
Experience the enchantment of a fairy’s dream home -- newly restored and more magical than ever!