Senior Coordinator, Guest Experiences
Department: Guest Experiences
Status: Full Time
This individual leads the Coordinator and Facilitators in providing exhibit content in a positive, fun, inclusive and educational capacity. Works with team members to ensure exhibit content is being communicated to guests in an engaging capacity, that staff members are proactive about addressing guest needs throughout the Museum, and that staff perform core operational job requirements.
- Ensures Facilitators and Coordinators are engaging guests with exhibit content in assigned museum spaces.
- Manages staff in performance of core operational functions of exhibits, wayfinding and opening and closing of Museum.
- Provides coaching, professional development and immediate performance feedback to Coordinators and Facilitators.
- Assembles teams based on skills, exhibit content and museum needs.
- Proposes creative solutions to problems.
- Assists in managing organizational change.
- Positively leads teams in the creation, development and implementation of new exhibit content and activities in a team environment.
- Supports collaboration with educators and volunteers to enhance or create facilitated exhibit experiences.
- Tracks and rewards outstanding team members.
- Conducts daily team meetings prior to opening.
- Proactively greets guests and addresses any guest questions or needs.
- Ensures Museum opening and closing procedure requirements are met.
- Develops and delivers facilitated experience training and standard ongoing training.
- Performs administrative duties pertaining to Guest Experiences operations.
- Assists the Coordinator with developing and maintaining Facilitators schedule and daily rotations in accordance with departmental budget.
- Administers payroll and analyzes monthly payroll expenses against budget allocation.
- Assists Manager of Guest Experiences and HR staff in the continual improvement of Guest Experiences teams.
- Assists scheduling Special Group Tours with Marketing Department.
- Oversees exhibit staffing and museum operations, including hiring and training of Coordinator and Facilitator 1s.
- Responsible for managing a Coordinator and a team of up to 25 Facilitators.
Required qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree with 3-5 years related experience; or an equivalent combination of education and experience required.
- Must have a minimum of two years of experience supervising diverse teams.
- Excellent communication skills are required.
- Proficiency of MS Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint and Outlook) required.
- Ability to research and learn exhibit content grounded in the fields of science, technology, engineering, medicine and aviation.
- Ability to creatively problem-solve.
- Strong team work and collaboration skills.
- Ability to lead teams using positive management strategies.
- Team performance maximization skills.
- Ability to talk to and engage guests.
- Ability to handle several activities at one time.
Additional experience that is recommended:
- Bilingual ability a plus.
The Museum of Science and Industry, one of the largest science centers in the world, offers world-class and uniquely interactive science experiences that inspire inventive genius and foster curiosity. From groundbreaking and award-winning exhibits that can’t be found anywhere else to Live Science Experiences that make you the scientist — a visit to MSI is where fun and learning mix. Through its Center for the Advancement of Science Education (CASE), MSI offers a variety of student, teacher and family programs that make a difference in communities and contribute to the Museum’s larger vision: to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential in science, technology, medicine and engineering. If you are equally passionate about our vision and want to be surrounded by a team of dynamic, smart and innovative people, the Museum of Science and Industry is the right place for you.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Seventy years ago, a historic landing changed the world.
- Coming Soon
Travel the length of a continent with a cast of millions: monarch butterflies in migration.