Department: Marketing & Public Relations
Status: Full Time
The Marketing Coordinator will support the Marketing Manager with the development and execution of the Museum’s advertising and marketing research programs, and lead/support marketing projects as assigned. Specifically, this individual will assist the Marketing Manager with the following:
- Execute the Radio Disney partnership:
—Responsible for all deliverables being met on-time and on-budget;
—Manage details/implementation for Radio Disney promotions;
—Work with Marketing Manager to develop and provide approved copy points to Radio Disney for commercials and vignettes;
—Review and traffic through team for all proper Museum approvals on commercials and vignettes;
—Provide Museum approved artwork for the Radio Disney website.
- Execute materials and manage timelines for fulfillment of shopping mall partnerships.
- Process all MOP code requests and work with Marketing/PR graphic designers on development of paper vouchers.
- Generate MOP code report to track ROI of promotional voucher program.
- Attend weekly ticketing meeting.
- Maintain the post visit survey on SurveyGizmo, making necessary edits to the survey and providing reports to the Marketing Manager as needed.
- Develop and submit volunteer requests for execution of exhibit exit surveys.
- Work with Marketing Manager on development of exhibit exit and other floor intercept survey questions.
- Program all floor intercept surveys and other surveys, as requested, in SurveyGizmo.
- Coordinate all necessary updates needed for the Museum’s keyword search advertising campaign through Adwords Editor and update a monthly performance report to be provided to the Marketing Manager.
- Project manage the execution of Mall partnership details in conjunction with the Promotions Coordinator.
- Assist the Promotions Coordinator with all promotional events that take place on-site at the Museum and off-site.
—The Marketing Coordinator will be the second point person for all events.
- Coordinate the Street Banner permit submission process and determination of placement.
- Manage the internal advertisement production schedule and traffic ads for any necessary one-off ad placement opportunities.
- Develop marketing contracts and manage through the legal and purchasing process.
- Maintain the production schedule and proper billing for all Black Creativity advertisements.
- Assist Marketing Manager in working with advertising agency to make sure all ads are produced, approved by appropriate MSI staff and released on time.
- Assist the Tourism Marketing Manager as needed with rack card distribution and ad trafficking.
- Request purchase orders and assist Marketing Manager with management of the advertising and research budgets.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A.) from four-year college or university; and/or a minimum of 1-2 years of related experience/training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Strong ability and experience in marketing/advertising execution.
- Solid project management skills with the ability to effectively prioritize workload and diligently follow-through on all projects.
- High degree of flexibility and the ability to change course and be imaginative and practical at the same time.
- Available a minimum of 35 hours per week.
- Available to work nights and weekends at off-site locations.
- Excellent interpersonal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency with Microsoft Office.
- A reliable vehicle and valid driver’s license required.
- Job requires assembly of displays for outdoor festivals, as well as assembly of floats for parades, etc.
The Museum of Science and Industry, one of the largest science centers in the world, offers world-class and uniquely interactive science experiences that inspire inventive genius and foster curiosity. From groundbreaking and award-winning exhibits that can’t be found anywhere else to Live Science Experiences that make you the scientist — a visit to MSI is where fun and learning mix. Through its Center for the Advancement of Science Education (CASE), MSI offers a variety of student, teacher and family programs that make a difference in communities and contribute to the Museum’s larger vision: to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential in science, technology, medicine and engineering. If you are equally passionate about our vision and want to be surrounded by a team of dynamic, smart and innovative people, the Museum of Science and Industry is the right place for you.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Museum Hours
- Extended hours through Sept. 1:
Daily from 9:30 a.m. to 5:30 p.m.*
* Wednesday, July 23: closing at 4 p.m.
Open daily except Thanksgiving and Christmas
- Extended hours through Sept. 1:
- Museum Location
Museum of Science+IndustryGetting Here5700 S. Lake Shore DriveChicago, IL 606371 (773) 684-1414
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Seventy years ago, a historic landing changed the world.
- Coming Soon
The Membership party of the year, with VIP access, fun activities and our newest exhibits!