Manager, Specialized Experiences
Department: Guest Experiences
Status: Full Time
This individual will manage, develop, and implement educational programming, presentations, activities, events, and guest experiences with a focus on revenue generating opportunities. Works across departments to support the vision by ensuring science content is communicated to guests in an engaging capacity. Could include, but is not limited to guest, community, and school-based audiences.
- Researches, develops, and implements revenue generating programs in accordance with the Center for Advancement of Science Education (CASE).
- Conducts thorough business analysis of existing Snoozeums and presents business models for increasing number of Snoozeums.
- Develops and presents business plans for increasing revenue generating opportunities within CASE.
- Partners, collaborates and coordinates with departments museum-wide to develop and launch new products and events.
- Continually monitors programs, activities, and events for quality assurance, revenue opportunities and operational effectiveness.
- Proposes creative solutions to problems.
- Performs administrative duties pertaining to the scheduling and operations of overnight public programs.
- Tracks and analyzes budget allocation for revenue generating programming.
- Positively leads teams in the creation, development, and implementation of new exhibit content and activities in a team environment.
- Supports collaboration with leadership, facilitation, and volunteer teams within Guest Experiences to help determine and enhance facilitated guest experiences.
- Develops and delivers training plans for facilitation staff, volunteers, and interns on program content, logistics, engagement strategies, and best practices.
- Develops and maintains detailed program development, project implementation plans, ongoing training materials, and coaching logs.
- Assists with coordinating programs, tours, and presentations for special guests as assigned by Director of Guest Experiences.
- Communicates and collaborates with internal staff and external partners regarding program logistics.
- Organizes, plans and facilitates meetings with leadership, facilitators, and volunteer teams.
Required qualifications are as follows:
- Proven track record of strong project management skills.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent from four-year college or university, and/or three to five years of related experience and/or training, or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Master’s degree in Business Administration a plus.
- Experience with teaching (classroom and informal setting), professional development, program/curriculum development, and technology-based learning/teaching.
- The ability to be flexible, successfully juggling various priorities and multiple projects.
- Prior improv, teaching and/or program or curriculum development experience a plus.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills required.
- Must be detail oriented, and effectively manage deadlines.
- Strong team work and interdepartmental collaboration skills.
Additional experience that is recommended:
- Bilingual ability a plus
The Museum of Science and Industry, one of the largest science centers in the world, offers world-class and uniquely interactive science experiences that inspire inventive genius and foster curiosity. From groundbreaking and award-winning exhibits that can’t be found anywhere else to Live Science Experiences that make you the scientist — a visit to MSI is where fun and learning mix. Through its Center for the Advancement of Science Education (CASE), MSI offers a variety of student, teacher and family programs that make a difference in communities and contribute to the Museum’s larger vision: to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential in science, technology, medicine and engineering. If you are equally passionate about our vision and want to be surrounded by a team of dynamic, smart and innovative people, the Museum of Science and Industry is the right place for you.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Seventy years ago, a historic landing changed the world.
- Coming Soon
Explore breathtaking images and meet the researchers who created them.
Celebrate chemistry with a day of events dedicated to its "sweeter side."