Manager, Guest Experiences
Department: Guest Experiences
Status: Full Time
The Manager, Guest Experiences will be responsible for co-leading the Guest Experiences team and responsible for ensuring the delivery of world-class guest service to all guests in the Museum. This position is responsible for leading guest engagement strategies and provides overall management of Facilitator programs.
This position will have shared responsibility with another full-time Manager of Guest Experiences and will report directly to Director of Guest Experiences.
Essential duties and responsibilities for the Manager, Guest Experiences include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Monitor the operational effectiveness of Facilitator programs and activities
- Identify staffing needs and coordinate resources to satisfy those needs
- Manage the Facilitator staffing process
- Proactively identify problems and address gaps
- Represent Guest Experiences on cross-functional Museum teams
- Recruit, hire, and manage team of 3 – 5 Senior Coordinators, Guest Experiences
- Provide regular feedback and coaching to Senior Coordinators, Guest Experiences
- Address escalated guest issues or concerns
- Monitor current programs to ensure they are achieving guest engagement goals
- Work with Coordinators, Developers and Manager, Guest Programs to ensure future programs will achieve guest engagement goals
- Provide feedback to Facilitators on guest engagement skills
- Act as liaison with Exhibits team to ensure exhibits are designed to foster guest engagement and to coordinate changes to current exhibits
- Responsible for performance evaluations
The Manager, Guest Experiences requires superior analytical, attention to detail, written and verbal communications skills, and exceptionally good professional judgment.
Required qualifications are as follows:
- Master’s degree in science-related field or equivalent, preferred
- Four to ten years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of formal and informal science education and experience
- Six to ten years of strong management experience, including team management and project management skills
- Theater experience or strong familiarity with improvisation important
- Demonstrated successful collaboration experience and negotiating skills
- Ability to coach team members on guest engagement strategies, performances, and in using inquiry based methodologies
- Excellent verbal, written communication skills
- Positive demeanor with solution focus and creative problem solving skills
- Demonstrated ability in working with diversity of skills, professions and cultures
- Must be able and willing to work weekends and holidays
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Take a thrilling underwater journey to explore the beauty and mysteries of coral reefs.
- Coming Soon
Travel to some very wild places and explore the extremes of Earth's eco-zones.
Tim Samuelson and Lisa M. Snyder present a virtual tour of the 1893 Columbian Exposition.