Maintenance Technician III (Electrician)
Status: Full Time
This individual should be a tradesman who specializes in the electrical wiring of the buildings, stationary machines and related electrical equipment. The Electrician is involved in the installation of new electrical components and the maintenance and repair of existing electrical infrastructure. Also plans layouts, installs, and repairs wiring, electrical fixtures, apparatus, and control equipment by performing the following duties. They are required to use the 360 Maintenance Management Systems.
- Diagnose malfunctioning systems, apparatus, and components, using test equipment and hand tools, to locate the cause of a breakdown and correct the problem.
- Connect wires to circuit breakers, transformers, or other components.
- Inspect electrical systems, equipment, and components to identify hazards, defects, and the need for adjustment or repair, and to ensure compliance with codes.
- Test electrical systems and continuity of circuits in electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures, using testing devices to ensure compatibility and safety of system.
- Plan layout and installation of electrical wiring, equipment and fixtures, based on job specifications and local codes.
- Prepare sketches or follow blueprints to determine the location of wiring and equipment and to ensure conformance to building and safety codes.
- Install ground leads and connect power cables to equipment, such as motors.
- Perform business management duties such as maintaining records and files, preparing reports and ordering supplies and equipment.
- Work from ladders, scaffolds, motorized lifts and roofs to install, maintain or repair electrical wiring, equipment, and fixtures.
- Perform preventative maintenance on electrical equipment.
- Install lighting and lighting track.
- Install and dismantle permanent and temporary exhibits.
- Associate's degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school and five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Technical certification or apprenticeship in electrical installation & maintenance.
- Minimum of five years’ experience with the installation and maintenance of high and low voltage.
- Experience with security, fire protection, telephone and communication systems are desired.
- Requires some computer skills.
- Must have the ability to troubleshoot problems.
- Candidate shall possess effective interpersonal skills.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Seventy years ago, a historic landing changed the world.
- Coming Soon
Celebrate chemistry with a day of events dedicated to its "sweeter side."
Hear the stories behind a mission to save the Hubble Space Telescope.