Coordinator, Floor Development
Department: Guest Experiences
Status: Full Time
This individual will coordinate, develop and implement education-based presentations, current news demonstrations, activities, events and guest experiences. Could include, but is not limited to visitor, community, and school audiences:
- Research, develop and implement floor development presentations and curricula in accordance with the Education and Guest Experiences Division.
- Review existing content material, strategies, and research/evaluation to make recommendations and implement approved modifications.
- Continually monitor floor development activity or event for quality assurance and relevance to applicable state and national education standards.
- Partner and collaborate with staff, volunteers, and guest experiences team to determine program methodology.
- Facilitate meetings with staff, volunteers, and guest experiences team.
- Train staff, volunteers and interns on program content, interpretative strategies and best practices.
- Develop and maintain detailed program development and implementation project plans.
- Coordinate with all necessary museum divisions to develop facilitated experiences.
- Coordinate programs and interview special guests.
- Communicate and collaborate with internal staff and external partners regarding program logistics. Act as liaison with HR, Volunteer Office, Education and other MSI departments.
- Compile financial reports and maintain program budgets.
- Track and report program attendance.
- Maintain program documents, including photographs, anecdotal evidence and progress.
- Assist with other guest programs as assigned.
Required qualifications are as follows:
- Bachelor’s degree in science or education; and three to five years of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Theatre training or experience is critical.
- Computer design experience is a plus.
- Prior informal teaching and curriculum development experience required.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Strong project management skills.
- Evidence of proactive problem solving skills.
- Evidence of creative and innovative thinking.
Additional experience that is recommended:
- Bilingual ability is a plus.
The Museum of Science and Industry, one of the largest science centers in the world, offers world-class and uniquely interactive science experiences that inspire inventive genius and foster curiosity. From groundbreaking and award-winning exhibits that can’t be found anywhere else to Live Science Experiences that make you the scientist — a visit to MSI is where fun and learning mix. Through its Center for the Advancement of Science Education (CASE), MSI offers a variety of student, teacher and family programs that make a difference in communities and contribute to the Museum’s larger vision: to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential in science, technology, medicine and engineering. If you are equally passionate about our vision and want to be surrounded by a team of dynamic, smart and innovative people, the Museum of Science and Industry is the right place for you.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Seventy years ago, a historic landing changed the world.
- Coming Soon
Discover the mathematical patterns that abound in the natural world.
Explore breathtaking images and meet the researchers who created them.