Accounts Payable Clerk
Status: Full Time
This individual will process all invoices for payment in a timely and accurate manner as well as provide service to external and internal customers with courtesy and professionalism. This individual will perform a variety of functions related to the processing and monitoring of invoices, verifying invoices for appropriate documentation and approval prior to payment, researching and resolving invoice discrepancies, and managing vendor requests.
This individual will process all invoices for payment in a timely and accurate manner. Also, provide service to external and internal customers with courtesy and professionalism. Responsibilities include, but are not limited to, the following:
- Review all invoices for payment terms, discounts, address changes, etc.
- Compare invoices with purchase orders and/or receipts.
- Run AP checks weekly.
- Scan invoices and checks into OptiView Document Management.
- Run various AP reports.
- Answer vendor and department questions.
- Track problem invoices and research discrepancies.
- Assist with year-end accruals.
- Assist with annual audit.
- Assist with month-end close.
- Assist with special projects as needed.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill and/or ability required.
- High school diploma or equivalent; with one to three months of related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Ability to write simple instructions, short correspondence and memos.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, and other employees.
- Must have accounting/finance department experience.
- Knowledge of Great Plains Accounting software; Database software; OptiView Document Management software; Internet software; and Microsoft Office software.
- Experience inputting journal entries or financial data into financial system.
- Must be detail-oriented, accurate and have good analytical and organizational skills.
The Museum of Science and Industry, one of the largest science centers in the world, offers world-class and uniquely interactive science experiences that inspire inventive genius and foster curiosity. From groundbreaking and award-winning exhibits that can’t be found anywhere else to Live Science Experiences that make you the scientist — a visit to MSI is where fun and learning mix. Through its Center for the Advancement of Science Education (CASE), MSI offers a variety of student, teacher and family programs that make a difference in communities and contribute to the Museum’s larger vision: to inspire and motivate children to achieve their full potential in science, technology, medicine and engineering. If you are equally passionate about our vision and want to be surrounded by a team of dynamic, smart and innovative people, the Museum of Science and Industry is the right place for you.
The Museum of Science and Industry is an AA/EOE/ADA employer.
- Happening Now
Explore nine decades of The Walt Disney Company's history and artifacts.
Seventy years ago, a historic landing changed the world.
- Coming Soon
Explore breathtaking images and meet the researchers who created them.
Celebrate chemistry with a day of events dedicated to its "sweeter side."